User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recliner center piece

For lack of a better title, this post relates to the fold-down center armrest/table/cupholder on my recliner.

After a 2 hour drive between destinations, and setup, we sat back on the recliner sofa/love seat to relax.

We then noticed the center armrest/cupholder was loose. So loose infact that when folded up, it is simply supported by the rear wall. In the folded down position it is very loose and not stable. This not how it used to be.

There was no "incident" or specific thing that occurred. It is only my wife and I that use the rig and we always sit on the sides that recline and use the center cup holders.

I looked and couldn't find anything visible broken or unattached.

I know household love seats ofern have a lever to release the back. I can't locate a similar lever on this.

Is this sofa a 3 piece unit, attached together or a single "sofa" unit?

Yes, I will report this on my warranty repair list next month at the scheduled service.

In the meantime, we are 3 weeks into a 6 week trip.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Happily retired.
    0ver 40 years of camping.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE, Pulled by a:
    White 2021 Armada SL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For clarification, this is the Theater seating Recliner option.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the center arm rest is a separate piece assembled between the left and right seats, each of which have only one arm.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, these come three separate pieces. Maybe someone ran out of time during assembly. I'd check underneath to see of it is bolted together anywhere. That's likely the culprit. I think you can see if you flip up the leg rests...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They appear to be screwed together with round head wood screws. There is also a Tab/Slot connection.i can't visible see an issue, but there must be.

Looks like I'll just wait till the warranty service in a month....