Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warranty Repair Issues, please need advice

We had a Grand Design travel trailer, loved it, had wonderful service. We wanted to upgrade, so we purchased a Reflection 337rls. We love it! When I called the local dealership, they asked where we purchased. I told them in CO (we live in NM) I did try to order from our local dealership here but they could not get anything in until March 2022. I was told by our local dealership because we did not purchase with them, they will not service...not warranty, not ever. We were shocked. I guess we thought Grand Design would be like GMC? I called Grand Design, they basically told us we are on our own. They will send parts (which even parts...I am still having issues getting them to respond) Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was your work around? Jon is pretty handy, he will attempt to install the new microwave, blinds, air vents, but there are still items they have not sent. I call and email Grand Design, but I am getting no where? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealers are independent dealers selling many different brands
    They are not “grand Design” dealers
    This is the same almost everywhere

Call and get a mobile tech who will work with Grand Design
    Simple

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fairly common especially now with how backed up the dealerships are on service work. If they are swamped they will prioritize their customers. Some frankly, are taking a stand against the large dealers that pump them out a low margins.

As NB suggested, search for a mobile tech that will work with GD. Its not uncommon, and GD is usually open to working with them. (which I think is fairly unique in the industry)
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon and Jeanne View Post
    We had a Grand Design travel trailer, loved it, had wonderful service. We wanted to upgrade, so we purchased a Reflection 337rls. We love it! When I called the local dealership, they asked where we purchased. I told them in CO (we live in NM) I did try to order from our local dealership here but they could not get anything in until March 2022. I was told by our local dealership because we did not purchase with them, they will not service...not warranty, not ever. We were shocked. I guess we thought Grand Design would be like GMC? I called Grand Design, they basically told us we are on our own. They will send parts (which even parts...I am still having issues getting them to respond) Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what was your work around? Jon is pretty handy, he will attempt to install the new microwave, blinds, air vents, but there are still items they have not sent. I call and email Grand Design, but I am getting no where? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!
    Let me guess, you purchased from the dealer in Albuquerque? That dealer is known for pulling stunts like that. That is why we drive to Georgia and Northgate RV to buy ours.

There are only two RV service centers in Albuquerque I recommend. Chisolm Trail on Central in Albuquerque and RV Sales in Moriarty.

I have not found a mobile tech in Albuquerque that is reliable, so I can't give you any feedback there.

As for the dealer in Grand Design Albuquerque, they have a number of complaints against them.

Just my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Northgate is our dealer, and I’ll vouch for their service. Absolutely no complaints. And Grand Design CS has been especially accommodating.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where in NM do you live? If you're near Las Cruces, PM me and I can recommend an excellent mobile tech who has worked with GD on warranty issues before (just did a roof repair for us). Otherwise, I have used this site with very good results:

http://rvservicereviews.com/

We have had mobile techs to warranty repairs on at least three occasions on two RVs and GD has worked with us.

In the meantime... welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 10-19-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where in NM you are but I'll relay my similar story, albeit not dealing with GD. We were in a Park in Las Cruces, directly across the street from Holiday World RV (Crossroads dealer). It was below freezing at night and my furnace quit. Went across the street to talk to the Service Dept. about getting someone to look at it (it was a brand new Crossroads 5th wheel still on manufacturers warranty). First question, did you buy it from us? Answer - No, I'm from Canada and we're down here for the winter months. His response was it would be about 4 months before they would have time to look at it! I called Crossroads and they concurred that the dealers are all independent and can call the shots on maintenance work! They gave me the name of a couple other dealers, one about an hour away in Anthony, Texas (Fun Country RV's and Marine). I called them up, told him the problem and my predicament and David the Service Manager said "bring it down, we'll work on it right away!" With some skepticism, I did just that. They rolled out the red carpet for us, had the furnace out and repaired and had us back on the road in about 2 hours. Now that is first class customer service. Never once did they ask where we bought it.

This is a bit of a long post and I just checked to see if Fun Country happen to be a GD dealer but doesn't look like they are. Having said that, if you're in a bind with finding a dealer, might be worth your time to call them just incase they'll do the work required.

I can't tell enough people about the great service I received at Fun Country RV's and Marine. Doug
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2018 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 4X4

"The simplest act of kindness trumps the greatest of intentions"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Northgate is our dealer, and I’ll vouch for their service. Absolutely no complaints. And Grand Design CS has been especially accommodating.
    Northgate was the best dealer I've ever purchased from. Unfortunately they have sold out to a larger dealer.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon and Jeanne View Post
    I was told by our local dealership because we did not purchase with them, they will not service...not warranty, not ever.
    I asked GD bout this potential practice before buying our Reflection. GD said they can't 'force' a dealer to work on a particular trailer, but if a GD dealer is giving grief like that, find a another dealer/service tech you can work with and they will work with that dealer/person.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Dealers are independent dealers selling many different brands
    They are not “grand Design” dealers
    This is the same almost everywhere

Call and get a mobile tech who will work with Grand Design
    Simple

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Have to agree with this one. Dealers are likely to provide you with higher prices, longer wait times, and lower standard work. Their "techs" work by the job and yours is simply the one before the next one.
    I've had very good results with independent mobil techs.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast