User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    It is in “landscape”. That’s how I have always used it, as I have a keyboard stand/cover.

Thanks for the info - looking at this...
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a little fiddling I think we have a solution for narrow screens.

The right side bar is collapsible for site sponsors who are logged in. It's worth noting that once you collapse the side bar, if you use the back arrow in your browser to navigate around the site it may reappear. Navigating the usual way, by clicking on links to various parts of the site should retain the setting.

Here's a screen shot of the location of the tab you'll need to click to close the side bar:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side bar.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	37485
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
    After a little fiddling I think we have a solution for narrow screens.

The right side bar is collapsible for site sponsors who are logged in. It's worth noting that once you collapse the side bar, if you use the back arrow in your browser to navigate around the site it may reappear. Navigating the usual way, by clicking on links to various parts of the site should retain the setting.

Here's a screen shot of the location of the tab you'll need to click to close the side bar:

Name:	side bar.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	37485
    Well, now, when I click on "New posts" there's no right side bar at all. The thread title/info located in the left column fill the entire page. That works for me.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	Screenshot_20211028-201709_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	37500
    There is a double arrow that shows up on mine that slides the bar closed to the right, you can open if you want to see it. This leaves the whole screen viewable for the regular forum posts...I like that!
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-28-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two arrows on the right work great. I never even looked at the right side-bar area, and now it’s gone! Thanks. It looks like the “old” view that I was longing for.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. I kinda like the recent thread topics on the right side...
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Hmmm. I kinda like the recent thread topics on the right side...
    I like them as well but also know that some folks don't AND change is hard. Hopefully this solution will work for everyone.

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them as well but also know that some folks don't AND change is hard. Hopefully this solution will work for everyone.
    Oh I doubt that. However as they say: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time” Thanks for running this site.
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to give you a heads up about an upcoming change to the site. In the coming day or so ads will be displayed in the right side column along with the recent threads list and other resources. For guests, ads will also display in discussion threads and the site footer. Registering and logging in will make those ads disappear so this is a good incentive to get lurkers to register and participate.

Site sponsors will see no ads.

Typically these are not invasive for members as they don't disrupt viewing over in the right sidebar but for those who don't bother to login they will be surprised at ads in threads.

Ads help offset the cost of keeping the lights on for the board (server costs, hosting, software, etc) and they encourage folks to register so while no one is especially thrilled, it's a necessary evil. We try to balance this by shifting the bulk of that burden to those who view without registering and posting.

Ads are served by media companies and google and everyone sees different content. They are based on your browsing preferences, geo location and even keywords on the page. We each see different ads. If you've been looking at RV parts recently you may see ads from RV suppliers, if you've been shopping for shoes or winter coats you may see ads from REI. If you're reading a long thread about tires, you might see ads from a tire seller, etc.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding and post up if you see something amiss.
    Just a heads up that this will begin this Thursday.

Site sponsors will see no ads and for everyone else there is an option to hide the right side bar and a reminder: you will see fewer ads if you are logged in

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense now I am only seeing the adds when not logged in. For instance if I open an email that shows some new posts I see the adds. Wish I had more time to log on, but only so many hours in the day. Thanks too all Mike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast