User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
    I wanted to give you a heads up about an upcoming change to the site. In the coming day or so ads will be displayed in the right side column along with the recent threads list and other resources. For guests, ads will also display in discussion threads and the site footer. Registering and logging in will make those ads disappear so this is a good incentive to get lurkers to register and participate. Those logged in (who are not sponsors) should still see ads in the right side bar but not in other locations.

Site sponsors will see no ads.

Typically these are not invasive for members as they don't disrupt viewing over in the right sidebar but for those who don't bother to login they will be surprised at ads in threads.

Ads help offset the cost of keeping the lights on for the board (server costs, hosting, software, etc) and they encourage folks to register so while no one is especially thrilled, it's a necessary evil. We try to balance this by shifting the bulk of that burden to those who view without registering and posting.

Ads are served by media companies and google and everyone sees different content. They are based on your browsing preferences, geo location and even keywords on the page. We each see different ads. If you've been looking at RV parts recently you may see ads from RV suppliers, if you've been shopping for shoes or winter coats you may see ads from REI. If you're reading a long thread about tires, you might see ads from a tire seller, etc.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding and post up if you see something amiss.
    Well, this explains why I couldn't log in from my tablet.

The add at the bottom of the recover your password page prevented me from logging in because the add covered the buttons on the website.

Someone needs to fix this so that the ads do not cover the page and they only exist outside the frame of the website.

Ads SHOULD NOT COVER ACTIVE PORTIONS OF THE WEBSITE !!!!!!

FYI: I was using a Samsung tablet (Android) for my log-in attempts.

By-the-way, I have a lot of experience with computers and nothing I tried could get me around having the dang ad at the bottom of the page to let me recover my password (for some reason, the website didn't recognize my actual password and that was why I was trying a password recovery).
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Well, this explains why I couldn't log in from my tablet.

The add at the bottom of the recover your password page prevented me from logging in because the add covered the buttons on the website.

Someone needs to fix this so that the ads do not cover the page and they only exist outside the frame of the website.

Ads SHOULD NOT COVER ACTIVE PORTIONS OF THE WEBSITE !!!!!!

FYI: I was using a Samsung tablet (Android) for my log-in attempts.

By-the-way, I have a lot of experience with computers and nothing I tried could get me around having the dang ad at the bottom of the page to let me recover my password (for some reason, the website didn't recognize my actual password and that was why I was trying a password recovery).
    @Janet H
    alerting the admin so they can take a look at this.... thanks for brining it to our attention.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up - I'll see about getting this resolved.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123