Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V Socket in 2800bh

I noticed there is no 12v socket in the cabin of my 2019BH. Is this something anyone has experience putting in aftermarket? I was hoping to run it as a new circuit back to the distribution panel but I’m still learning how difficult that might be.

Thoughts are for running small kitchen appliances and dehumidifier.

Any recommendations on the best place to put this? Right now I was thinking in the kitchen (may even get lazy and put it next to the under cabinet light).

Thanks,
    Devan
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford Expedition XLT w/ Heavy Duty Tow

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a 4 pod switch panel in my 2019 2800bh. The 4 pods are: 12v, usb, cheap volt meter, and a on/off switch. I added it to the open space next to the radio, under the tv. I use it to run a small inverter for the dvd player and tv.

The wiring was easy, behind the radio, I ran the wires to the back of the cabinet (behind the radio) to the back side of the fridge. Then down that cavity, then back in to the cabinet behind the power distribution panel. Then I added a new fuse for the new circuit.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500