Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a 23BHE for about 2 years now and love it, sink sump pump issue excluded. We initially wanted the bunkhouse with a slide with the lowest possible tongue weight to tow with our 2015 Land Rover LR4. For that purpose it was awesome. I now have a GMC 1500 AT4 so doesn't really matter any more. But, we love the slightly smaller overall length of the 23BHE. We do a mix of dry camping out in the woods so its a good size to get in to many spots and also RV parks, which it's big enough for us to spend a good 4 or 5 days at an RV park and feel like we have plenty of room.

We have two young boys, 4.5 and 7.5 and they love the bunks. Plus, with the dinette being on the door side we can easily see them playing outside.

I keep looking at other models but I always come back to the conclusion that the 23 BHE is the right rig for us. I do like the floor plan of the 2400BH better, but with the slide in you can't access the bedroom.

Agree that the heating is a bit wonky with the bathroom being super hot, I typically just crack the door to let some heat out. I also bought an adjustable 4in vent to replace that one in the bathroom to see if that helps. I haven't installed it yet.

Bathroom sump pump issue...I just take the cover off and use my hand to scoop out the gunk in there and then fill with water to make sure it's turning on. For insurance I keep a container under the overflow spout to catch the water in case it doesn't. It's happened about 3 times in the 2yrs we have had it. Yea, its a pain but I check it and test before each trip now.

I've added 1 100w solar panel on the roof since it had the solar prep and I plan to add 2 more, I already have the panels just need to install. I also have a 105ah lithium battery of which I'll get another and relocate to under bed and also get an inverter/charger hardwired. Hope that project will happen this spring.
    2021 GMC 1500 AT4 5.3L
    2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE, added Lithium and 300w of solar
    Backup tow rig: 2015 Land Rover LR4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjokibbe View Post
    Too bad you can't look at one. I bought a 23bhe this year for several reasons. Yes, there was a concern of using the seat back as a ladder to the top bunk, but we have a no shoe rule and I'm hoping that will help. The usage goal for the trailer is for short weekend trips once a month so I don't expect a lot of wear on it. We've taken it on four trips so far and no stubbing of toe on the slide's floor, nor was I concerned about it. The 2400bh and 21bhe are good bunk options too and we were able to look at all three.

I wasn't educated on the kitchen slide drain design until after I bought it, but it wouldn't have changed the decision if I knew before hand.

Here are the mods I did (I'm crazy to do roof mods)...
    Ran power to the bedroom vent and replaced the bedroom vent with a MaxxAir Deluxe
    Replaced vent fan in kitchen area with a MaxxAir (deluxe will not fit because of proximity to antenna)
    Installed vent cover on bathroom vent fan
    Two lithium batteries and solar panels
    Where did you get the power from for the maxx air in the bedroom? Did you steal it from that plug on the ceiling? Or can you explain to me what you did. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12