Likes Likes:  0

Thread: no 12 volt

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no 12 volt

Well yesterday afternoon we had no 12 volt on the max air fan in kitchen, A/C thermostat main, ceiling lights at the sofa, and hutch light . Came home today and everything is working. Where would look for a loose wire connection.

Thanks
    Richard and Kim

Richard and Kim
    Charlotte NC
    2020 29RS
    2012 Ford F250 CC 3.73 6.2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 760volvo View Post
    Where would look for a loose wire connection.

Thanks
    Richard and Kim
    If there were other 12 volt devices working when you were having problems it is probably not a grounding issue.
    I would look at the power center and see if all of these devices are on the same 12 volt fuse (these are the automotive type blade fuses).
    If they are on the same fuse you can make sure the fuse is firmly seated (I guess it is possible for a fuse to pass power, then not pass power, then start passing power again but I can't imagine this is likely). If the fuse looks good my next step would be to pull the power center out and check the connection between the wire coming out of the back of the power center to the wire(s) going to the devices you mentioned. The wires from the back of the power center should be numbered or color coded to the fuses.
    On my 22 RBE they used wire nuts to connect the single wire from the back of the power center to the wires going to different devices. It is possible that there is a loose connection there.
    If they are on different fuses, and there were other 12 volt devices working when you were having problems I will defer to other more experienced forum members.
    Hope this helps, and good luck.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile reply

Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    If there were other 12 volt devices working when you were having problems it is probably not a grounding issue.
    I would look at the power center and see if all of these devices are on the same 12 volt fuse (these are the automotive type blade fuses).
    If they are on the same fuse you can make sure the fuse is firmly seated (I guess it is possible for a fuse to pass power, then not pass power, then start passing power again but I can't imagine this is likely). If the fuse looks good my next step would be to pull the power center out and check the connection between the wire coming out of the back of the power center to the wire(s) going to the devices you mentioned. The wires from the back of the power center should be numbered or color coded to the fuses.
    On my 22 RBE they used wire nuts to connect the single wire from the back of the power center to the wires going to different devices. It is possible that there is a loose connection there.
    If they are on different fuses, and there were other 12 volt devices working when you were having problems I will defer to other more experienced forum members.
    Hope this helps, and good luck.
    Thanks for all of the place to look. Will do tomorrow.
    Thanks

Richard and Kim
    Charlotte NC
    2020 29RS
    2012 Ford F250 CC 3.73 6.2