User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Leak help @ City Water to blue pex connector

Hi. newbie here with a first trailer, a used 2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE. I hooked up a hose to the City Water valve and it leaks on the inside of the panel. The connector to the valve on the inside appears maybe off-threaded, or not tightened. The connector appears to have been abused by a pair of pliers. The short blue piece of pex looks like it has a barb fitting in it. What would be the correct means of attaching the blue to the city water threaded stub? Thank you for any insight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5651[1].jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	37310

Name:	IMG_5652[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	37312
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5652[1].jpg  
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-20-2021 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added to title for clarity of the problem

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Burt View Post
    Hi. newbie here with a first trailer, a used 2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE. I hooked up a hose to the City Water valve and it leaks on the inside of the panel. The connector to the valve on the inside appears maybe off-threaded, or not tightened. The connector appears to have been abused by a pair of pliers. The short blue piece of pex looks like it has a barb fitting in it. What would be the correct means of attaching the blue to the city water threaded stub? Thank you for any insight.

Name:	IMG_5651[1].jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	37310

Name:	IMG_5652[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	37312
    First, congrats and welcome to the group. Are you using a pressure reducer? If not it's best to get one. Now onto your leak, can you tell if it's coming out of the black threaded part? If so, there's a washer (or suppose to) in there that might be kink. Judging by the plier marks, it looks like this might of happened previously.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just replace that pex swivel fitting. That would involve cutting off pex clamp closest to the swivel fitting and taking the fitting to home depot or a plumbing supply to get the correct replacement. If you don't have one you would need to get a pex crimp tool and some crimps to replace with the new fitting.

I replaced the faucet in the bathroom sink and one of the swivel fittings leaked. Tried to tighen it but it was never successful. I just ended up replacing both swivel fittings and problem solved.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THe blue pex seems too short andthey tries to add teflon tape to stop leak.....see photo for complete answerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	7--leaks.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	37406
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic