User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

349M-R vs 351M-R Washer and Dryer question

We are trying to decide between the 349M-R and the 315M-R. We plan on carrying a Polaris two-seater SxS. It is 10' Long, 64" wide, and 77" high. We want to be able to have a washer-dryer combo (or a washer-dryer side by side.)

Do you think that is too much to pack into the garage of either of these RVs?

We are thinking that the garage will be our main hangout space. If we get the 349M-R without the second bath, can we mount a big screen TV on that wall above the washer-dryer?

Thanks
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 381M, which is the 351M floorplan with a 4' longer garage. Based on our experience I don't think you will get the RZR and a washer/dryer in the garage. With the new 351 floor plan, you could put the washer/dryer in the bedroom, but you wouldn't be able to get to the half bath or open the half bath door when the RZR is in the garage.

If you went with the 349M, you get two more feet in the garage so you may be able to put the washer/dryer on the sidewall and still be able to open the washer/dryer door when the RZR is the garage. But there would be no half bath.

Another option is the 381M. It gives you the extra room in the garage for the washer/dryer (which is where we have ours) and we can still access our half bath. It also has the third axle so it provides much more cargo carrying capability.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    I have the 381M, which is the 351M floorplan with a 4' longer garage. Based on our experience I don't think you will get the RZR and a washer/dryer in the garage. With the new 351 floor plan, you could put the washer/dryer in the bedroom, but you wouldn't be able to get to the half bath or open the half bath door when the RZR is in the garage.

If you went with the 349M, you get two more feet in the garage so you may be able to put the washer/dryer on the sidewall and still be able to open the washer/dryer door when the RZR is the garage. But there would be no half bath.

Another option is the 381M. It gives you the extra room in the garage for the washer/dryer (which is where we have ours) and we can still access our half bath. It also has the third axle so it provides much more cargo carrying capability.
    Thanks for the reply Bob.

We are currently in a 45' motorhome and the whole reason we are changing our summer travel RV is to stay under 40'. Ideally, we would be around 33' so the 38' 349M is already bigger than what we wanted.

The RZR wouldn't be in the garage when we are set up for living and we wouldn't need access to anything in the garage while traveling.

If the washer were easier to move, I would just slide it to one corner when the RZR needs to be in the garage. But If you are on the go every 5 days, I am not sure that is practical.

You mentioned putting the Washer in the bedroom. Will GD put the needed plumbing in there? That would be a great option!

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    Thanks for the reply Bob.

We are currently in a 45' motorhome and the whole reason we are changing our summer travel RV is to stay under 40'. Ideally, we would be around 33' so the 38' 349M is already bigger than what we wanted.

The RZR wouldn't be in the garage when we are set up for living and we wouldn't need access to anything in the garage while traveling.

If the washer were easier to move, I would just slide it to one corner when the RZR needs to be in the garage. But If you are on the go every 5 days, I am not sure that is practical.

You mentioned putting the Washer in the bedroom. Will GD put the needed plumbing in there? That would be a great option!

-B
    The plan for the 351MS that is shown on the Grand Design website has a new bedroom layout that includes a washer/dryer connection. It now has a North/South bed orientation versus the East/West orientation in previous versions of the 351 and in my 2019 381. The 349 plan that is currently shown has the same East/West orientation I have now.

For the length, one thing to be aware of your actual length is going to be slightly longer than what is shown on the Grand Design website. My 381 is shown as 42' 9", but when measured is actually closer to 45'. The length listed is to the king pin. The nose of the RV overhangs that, so if someone measured the RV I suspect both the 351 and 349 would be longer than 40'. I don't know if that makes a difference in your plans or not.

Bob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plan for the 351MS that is shown on the Grand Design website has a new bedroom layout that includes a washer/dryer connection.

Bob
    I just got an email from Tim at GD. He let me know about the 351MS. That is PERFECT for us!. I also just read (and Tim verified) that if we upgrade to the 8K axels, the GVWR goes to 18,000 pounds!!!

I noticed that the bathroom is redesigned. It now has a door in the bedroom. This thing is perfection I tell ya.

I am not sure I care if the actual is 40 feet. When I pull into the park and tell them it is 38 and it says it on the side, I doubt anyone would complain.

The DW and I are discussing the color. We like the Black with Dark Charcoal but I think that may be too hot. I am leaning towards the Silver with Charcoal even though it is not as sticking. We tend to stay in hot sunny (no shade) areas. Can you (or anyone) speak to that?

Thanks again
    -B

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the length, my 381 actually has three lengths. The website says 42' 9". When filling out reservation forms that becomes 42'. When someone says "wow, that is big, how long is it?" I tell them it is 45'.

For the color, we purchased ours off the lot so it doesn't have the full body paint. If I did order one I would get the color scheme I wanted and let the three ACs deal with any heat concerns. We are in Florida and tend to stay in hot sunny no shade sites as well and have never had an issue keeping all the rooms cool.

Bob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWe are in Florida and tend to stay in hot sunny no shade sites as well and have never had an issue keeping all the rooms cool.

Bob
    The motorhome I mentioned earlier will live on our lot in Fort Myers. The Momentum will be used for summer travel, 6 or 7 months a year. For the next few years, most of that travel will be in the NW part of the country. We were in Taos, NM last summer and The Dalles, OR this summer. Next summer we are booked in the Spokane, WA area and the following year in Anacortes, WA. We will stay 4+ months in those locations and will do some month-long stays on our way back to FL. The year, we stopped in Ogden, UT for a month and Wears Valley for 6 weeks (we are still here). This type of travel suits us because I still work and when I find a place with a good cell signal (or internet), it makes working less stressful. Can you hear me now does not work when you are in sales...
    -B

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like the 351 will be a great match with your plans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey B,
    We also have a Momentum on order that we plan to haul our RZR900. Through your email correspondence with GD, did they indicate that the 351M is being replaced with the 351MS or will they both be offered as 2022 models? When we ordered our 351M in July, their was no indication of a 351MS - we are wondering what we are going to get.
    Thanks,
    CR
    2020 Ram 3500 Cummins - SRW, Reg cab, Longbed
    2022 Momentum 351M (ordered)
    2020 Polaris RZR900 Trail - Fox Edition

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following...we just ordered our 2022 351MS. Hoping to get it by mid summer.
    The east-west bed, access to the bathroom from the master, W/D hook up in the bedroom, stove and fridge location swapped, all played a part in us deciding on the 351MS over the the 351M that was on the lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast