User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Ram Mega Cab Diesel Dually 44732 miles

Like new truck. We have sold our RV because we are building a home, and now we are selling the truck since we do not need it. I ran a Carfax which is included here. A few comments.

The Carfax list a minor damage accident. The truck has not been damaged. I was caught in busy construction traffic around Chattanooga, and had to change lanes suddenly when a semi decided to merge whether I was in the way or not. In doing that I forced another car off the road with some minor damage to his vehicle. I turned it into my insurance and it was charged against my truck even though the truck never suffered any damage or made contact with the other vehicle.

I am the original owner. The Carfax lists two owners. We moved from WI to TN, and apparently that counts as two owners. Dumb, very dumb.

It lists a recall outstanding. True, I have been getting notices about this recall for over a year, but the the notice says that there are no parts for the fix. This is nothing to worry about.

Finally, notice that happy little Fox showing it has had regular oil changes. I have followed the manual maintenance specs, even to the point of changing oil by time instead of mileage. I also did the transmission oil change at 30,000 and the transfer and differential fluids.

The Carfax has a link to the original window sticker, but of particular note is the HO Cummins coupled with an Aisin transmission and the 4.10 rear end. It also has the factory air suspension which allows you to level the truck with one button push regardless of payload. This truck is specced to haul and can handle just about anything from a weight perspective. It is the short bed, but we used an Andersen hitch and always had plenty of camper to cab clearance.

And if there are any dog owners, the Mega Cab is fabulous because of the way the seats fold down and create a large flat area in the rear for a dog crate. It is also handy for hauling pieces of furniture out of the rain. I will post pictures soon, but just wanted to get this out there.

One other thing worth mentioning. This model year has the CP3 injection pump not the CP4 of some later models. Those of you that follow such things know the CP4 is the subject of a class action lawsuit for catastrophic failures. Not an issue with this model year.

Also replaced the stock fuel tank with a 51 gallon aftermarket. I usually got around 10-11 mpg with my 303, so could usually drive all day if I really wanted to...I never wanted to.

Located in Crossville, TN
    Starting out at $69,900

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2017 RAM LARAMIE: 3C63RRML9HG748126.pdf 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	37317
    Last edited by John303; 10-21-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the CarFax window sticker lists the Turbo Diesel, not the HO Turbo Diesel...
    South Central Texas
    2021 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raife1 View Post
    So the CarFax window sticker lists the Turbo Diesel, not the HO Turbo Diesel...
    The Aisin transmissions are mated to the higher output Cummins. If you opt for the standard 68RFE transmission the engine has lower torque ratings. The Aisin is a medium duty commercial transmission required to handle the more powerful version of Cummins. Really, I do not think they even use the HO designation anymore. I used it for backwards familiarity.

BTW, I am going to update my original post. I forgot to add that I replaced the stock fuel tank with a 51 gallon aftermarket.

John

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a nice rig.
    BTW, my brother-in-law lives in Crossville. We were there with our rig about a year ago.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the pictures as promised...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0647.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	816.6 KB 
ID:	37349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0646.jpeg 
Size:	921.6 KB 
ID:	37350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0645.jpeg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	37351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0644.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	899.5 KB 
ID:	37352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0652.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	444.6 KB 
ID:	37353

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by John303; 10-23-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by John303; 10-23-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold. Dealer from Tx flew someone up and took it off my hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John303 View Post
    Sold. Dealer from Tx flew someone up and took it off my hands.
    Question for you? Is this the only place you advertised? Or did the dealer see your ad somewhere else. I have a Similar rig. Did you get your asking price? Considering the dealer is going to resell, it is interesting they would pay retail and not wholesale for the truck. Crazy times. Thanks.
    2014 GD Momentum 385th
    2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2017 Dodge Ram 5500 Dually flatbed with recessed B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenwarrior View Post
    Question for you? Is this the only place you advertised? Or did the dealer see your ad somewhere else. I have a Similar rig. Did you get your asking price? Considering the dealer is going to resell, it is interesting they would pay retail and not wholesale for the truck. Crazy times. Thanks.
    My wife put it on Marketplace, which is where the dealer saw it. The dealer was Texas Auto Value http://www.texasautovalue.com. I accepted $64,000, which about what I paid for it new if not a bit more. We met at my bank, the rep did a test drive to confirm the truck was good, and we waited for the money to wire into my account. Completed the paperwork and said goodbye. I am not experienced in selling a truck like this, having usually just done a trade-in, but it worked. They are a legit operation. I suppose I could have started lowering the price, and seen if I got a better offer, but I was satisfied with the cash deal.

Autotrader was not a good experience. I did not get one valid enquiry, only spammers wanting me to buy a vin check even though I had a Carfax.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast