Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RV Cover

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Cover

I've had zero luck making a Adco product last through one year. What manufacture RV covers would you recommend for my almost new 2600RB? I live in eastern Nebraska so I feel I would like to cover my RV.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. What series of ADCO did you have zero luck with? Ours has just gone on for the third time, it has been great. I do use gutter spout guards to avoid any rips from the spouts. I have the Tyvek top designer series. The fit is a little off, the cover is more for a square rig, however, the adjustment straps pull it snug and the zippered doors make it easy to get into the rig during our mostly wet winters. Last year we had 20cm of snow on top of the trailer.

I have had a few other types, but none as good as ADCO. They offer a custom series as do many others.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put on the Camco Ultra Guard, see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Interesting. What series of ADCO did you have zero luck with? Ours has just gone on for the third time, it has been great. I do use gutter spout guards to avoid any rips from the spouts. I have the Tyvek top designer series. The fit is a little off, the cover is more for a square rig, however, the adjustment straps pull it snug and the zippered doors make it easy to get into the rig during our mostly wet winters. Last year we had 20cm of snow on top of the trailer.

I have had a few other types, but none as good as ADCO. They offer a custom series as do many others.
    I have used the Adco Designer series for many years on our Class A MH. Worked quite well. Average life span 3-4 years. My new location it lasted 1. We put a different brand, didn’t make a difference 2 season where I have my current trailer located. I recommend Adco. Good cover.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our first RV several years ago our Adco cover did not last 6-months before tearing and falling apart. I threw it out and never used a cover since, instead I have make sure to keep it waxed/sealed which is all that is needed. The RV park we are currently in has an RV storage area and all the rigs with covers stored there have torn so badly they are on the ground or hanging on for dear life, or beginning to tear. Since we are full timers obviously a cover would not make sense, but if we ever had to store our 5th wheel, I would not bother with a cover.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend no cover, but, if you think it is best for you, whatever brand you decide on, strap it down super tight. If it can 'ruffle' or flap in the wind, it will tear. It will also beat up on your trailer.
    My cover ends up being 2 feet of snow....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I would recommend no cover, but, if you think it is best for you, whatever brand you decide on, strap it down super tight. If it can 'ruffle' or flap in the wind, it will tear. It will also beat up on your trailer.
    My cover ends up being 2 feet of snow....
    I was debating getting a cover for our 2500 RL. I see that a lot of people chose not to. We are in metro Detroit Michigan. We haven't had a lot of snow over the last few years. If you don't use one in Thunder Bay, that says a lot. You don't have any issues with your decals peeling or fading do you?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The UV rays will effect your decals much more so than the winter weather, and in winter, up north , UV rays aren't much of a factor. Having said that, I protect all our decals with Aerospace 303 all season long, and I make sure they get a treatment of that every fall just before storing.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyBarjak View Post
    I was debating getting a cover for our 2500 RL. I see that a lot of people chose not to. We are in metro Detroit Michigan. We haven't had a lot of snow over the last few years. If you don't use one in Thunder Bay, that says a lot. You don't have any issues with your decals peeling or fading do you?
    I have not had decal issues with past trailers. Last one we owned for 15 years- no decal issue. We've only had the Reflection for a year so I can't really comment on the GD decals.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2010 Cougar TT the decals were cracked, flaking, peeling and needed replaced bad. It was never covered over winter months. So, this 2021 imagine 2800BH we are changing it up and decided to cover right now till we de-winterize it.