User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weight numbers posted for the trailers you are considering are just too close to the payload capacity of a SRW to be a viable option. Keep in mind the payload capacity also includes any aftermarket accessories you may add, the weight of the driver, any passengers and cargo you may need or want to carry. In addition a DRW will be more stable. As far as transmission goes, for towing a heavy trailer and/or heavy payload the AISIN without a question, it is built for heavy loads and work. With regards to tranny ratio, I found the 3:73 to be a sweet spot, it helped to give me a bit more payload than the 3:42, yet decent fuel mileage and my needs did not extend into the need for the 4:10.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced our couch with a desk and it is great! We used 2 Ikea drawers for the middle and a butcher block countertop for the desk top. I have attached a picture of our desk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer desk.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	37519
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't comment on the truck piece, as my Solitude is on a permanent site. We have the 375RES and I love it. With regards to the washer dryer, IMO stay away from the combo. It does a great job of washing, but the clothes never come out completely dry and are wrinkled. Unless I am doing something wrong, but I have done some research and the complaints all seem to be the same. If I was to do it again, I would definitely go stackable.
    Lyndon

Grand Design 375RES, stationary.
    Cottage Country, Ontario Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all, Folks!

Tell me - do all Solitudes have two grey tanks? Are they equal by size?

We have two tanks on our trailer now, and it is not so valuable since the shower one feels much faster than the kitchen one.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 375RE (a 2016 model without the raised rear living room).

I went with a DRW, but our truck is older and the SRW version didn't have nearly enough payload for a 16K+ trailer. I've daily driven this truck for 5+ years, including into numerous city centers without issue.

Personally we went with a separate vented W/D (Splendide set that we added ourselves in 2019 when we purchased our rig), and have no regrets. It really doesn't take any longer than our household set did.

I removed one of the couches and replaced it with a desk (https://imgur.com/a/gpZvKw1). The main issue with the raised living room is that the slides aren't flush with the floor like ours, so you'll have a 8 - 10 inch platform to contend with once the couch is removed (wouldn't be an issue with the 378 office).

We seriously considered the 369MB (predecessor to the 378MB). The office would provide about the same amount of desk space (the slides are about the same size), and you could put a second desk along the back wall.

Left The Driveway
    Vancouver, BC, Colorado and the Southwest
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Whirlpool models?

Thanks as usual, Rob. Could I ask which Whirlpool models you like and how the dryer is vented?
    Chris G.
    2018 Solitude 344GK, Roadmaster Slipper Springs, DeeMax hydraulic brakes
    2020 F350 SRW, Long Box, Air Lift 5000 air bags, Curt A20 hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more question regarding dryers - is it a 240V or 120V outlet? Also, does somebody use a propane dryer?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter&Irina View Post
    One more question regarding dryers - is it a 240V or 120V outlet? Also, does somebody use a propane dryer?
    It's a 120V outlet.

I've never seen an propane dryer in an RV.

Left The Driveway KennethWood55's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 373FB and it has two gray and two black tanks. But, it also has 1 1/2 baths.
    As far as picking the Tow vehicle, I chose the 4x4 1-ton Ram dually crew cab long bed with the H.O. Cummins, Aisin tranny, 4.10 rear end and auto air suspension. Pulls our trailer up any grade without any problems. I usually pass vehicles going up grades.
    I put a retractable tonneau cover on the back with a 52 gallon Aux. transfer tank/ tool box combo that sits under the tonneau cover. Very clean set up. When the cover is closed it hides the tool box, tank & hitch. I also had the Aux. tank fuel fill installed inside the tool box so when the cover is retracted you can’t tell there’s a transfer tank in the bed. ATTA tanks in Fort Worth Texas makes a slick set up.
    Very happy with our Tow vehicle!
    Hope that helps… 😎
    Last edited by KennethWood55; 11-01-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Kenneth,

Thank you for your reply!

Do you think that 4.10 over 3.73 is better? What is your mileage when towing and when not?

Many people recommend just a regular 3.73, but I have to pass a 4000' summit here in BC to go either North or East...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast