Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Power at Two Counter Outlets in Hutch on 2107 29RS

I finished my big lithium battery and inverter install project was pleased that everything seemed to be working perfectly. My wife was using a small Dirt Devil push vacuum up in the bedroom with no issues. When she moved down to plug in at the hutch, she had no power at either of the two outlets in the hutch. All other 120 volt power seems to be working as normal everywhere else in the coach.

I checked all of the breakers in the main panel and nothing was tripped. I reset a bunch of them just to be sure.

What would be my next move to troubleshoot these non-working 120 volt outlets?

ps: All that I did in the main panel during the inverter install was to remove the stub of the prior main AC feed and replace that with the new AC feed from the inverter. So I don't think I disturbed too much in the main panel.
    2017 Reflection 29 RS
    2003 F350 Supercab V10 Longbed
    Pullrite Superlite (like Anderson)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked all other outlets? Could be a tripped GFI if your GFI outlet happens to feed the hutch, or if it's a bunch of outlets not working, it could be a wire not fully inserted on one of the legs of power wherever you installed the inverter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found two more non-working outlets this morning. So now I have the two at the hutch and the two beside the bed right by where your head lays when sleeping.

The Victron Multiplus II inverter itself has the push in type of connections for AC power. I checked those connections very carefully when inserting those wires by tugging hard to see if I could make the wire pull back out.

Or maybe you are talking about something I did in the main power panel under the hutch?
    2017 Reflection 29 RS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also installed the PD 50 amp hard-wired power system protector as part of this project. The read-outs on the remote monitor appear to be normal.
    2017 Reflection 29 RS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    I also installed the PD 50 amp hard-wired power system protector as part of this project. The read-outs on the remote monitor appear to be normal.
    Try the outlet next to outside fridge, my old unit had that one controls counter/ sink plugs
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnoetzel View Post
    Try the outlet next to outside fridge, my old unit had that one controls counter/ sink plugs
    We replaced the inside RV fridge with a Magic Chef 10.8 cu ft residential fridge. We took out the mini fridge in the outside kitchen. The deeper Magic Chef blocked the AC plug in the interior fridge compartment. So we hole sawed an opening for the Magic Chef AC plug to route to the AC outlet in the outside kitchen. I can confirm that the outside kitchen outlet is working because the interior fridge is working fine and it is plugged into that outlet.

Here is another piece of info: We are not at an RV park. We have our unit sitting on the street in front of our house and we only have power coming from a standard wall outlet in our garage. We have the inverter set at 10 amps maximum incoming power. We are new to how the Victron Multiplus II works. Could the inverter be limiting power in some way since incoming power is so low?
    2017 Reflection 29 RS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my12by60 View Post
    We replaced the inside RV fridge with a Magic Chef 10.8 cu ft residential fridge. We took out the mini fridge in the outside kitchen. The deeper Magic Chef blocked the AC plug in the interior fridge compartment. So we hole sawed an opening for the Magic Chef AC plug to route to the AC outlet in the outside kitchen. I can confirm that the outside kitchen outlet is working because the interior fridge is working fine and it is plugged into that outlet.

Here is another piece of info: We are not at an RV park. We have our unit sitting on the street in front of our house and we only have power coming from a standard wall outlet in our garage. We have the inverter set at 10 amps maximum incoming power. We are new to how the Victron Multiplus II works. Could the inverter be limiting power in some way since incoming power is so low?

All of the coach has power now. We got to our first RV park and hooked up to 50A power and everything electrical was working. So the low incoming power when parked in front of our house was limiting what was able to receive power inside of the coach.
    2017 Reflection 29 RS