User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Watch the video. It speaks for itself.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTklMLgCCA
    Oh, I see, your concerning issue is with the hanger-torque bracket assembly. Firstly, understand that it is a beefy piece to mount the spindle and rubber to get the capacity (think of it as a Torflex axle on steroids) and is an integrated bracket that includes the lower end shock mount to put the shock in the best alignment compromise for dampening and articulation. My Roadmaster lower shock mounts hang the same. Secondly, Rae and Jason have the camera stuck to the frame (magnet mount) looking at it with a downward angle. It DOES NOT, hang lower than their wheel lip - I have seen their rig for myself as the ambassadors - nice kids - were in the FSC same time I was one trip. Here's a better angle of the IS:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IS.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	38311

That is an install with 16" wheels and the lower profile tires. MORryde will cut down the lower shock stud and slot it upon request as well to relieve the snag potential. You can see much better on Changing Lanes' channel when they converted their triple-axle which has 16" wheels and higher profile tires. When I spoke with the designers at MORryde, one of their constraints to the design was to keep as high or higher than the leveling jacks.

Sure enough though, pick what works best for your style of camping.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Oh, I see, your concerning issue is with the hanger-torque bracket assembly. Firstly, understand that it is a beefy piece to mount the spindle and rubber to get the capacity (think of it as a Torflex axle on steroids) and is an integrated bracket that includes the lower end shock mount to put the shock in the best alignment compromise for dampening and articulation. I understand perfectly why it is there,,but that doesn't change the problem. My Roadmaster lower shock mounts hang the same. Secondly, Rae and Jason have the camera stuck to the frame (magnet mount) looking at it with a downward angle. Yes I know. But the camera is in the same place for both the before, and after shots.. The side by side part of the video shows a dramatic difference in GC. It DOES NOT, hang lower than their wheel lipNever said it did. Reread my post. I said the GC was basically the hieght of the tire sidewall. - I have seen their rig for myself as the ambassadors - nice kids - were in the FSC same time I was one trip. Here's a better angle of the IS:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IS.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	38311

That is an install with 16" wheels and the lower profile tires. MORryde will cut down the lower shock stud and slot it upon request as well to relieve the snag potential. You can see much better on Changing Lanes' channel when they converted their triple-axle which has 16" wheels and higher profile tires. When I spoke with the designers at MORryde, one of their constraints to the design was to keep as high or higher than the leveling jacks.

Sure enough though, pick what works best for your style of camping.
    My point was not to diss the Mor Ryde setup. It is great, for on road use. But if ones usage takes you off the beaten path, it is something to be aware of. If I had not seen that video, I may have made an expensive mistake.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    My point was not to diss the Mor Ryde setup. It is great, for on road use. But if ones usage takes you off the beaten path, it is something to be aware of. If I had not seen that video, I may have made an expensive mistake.
    Fair point. If you want a real war to wage on your style of camping, "off-road" travel with a Lippert-framed camper voids their structural warranty. They consider "off-road" any unpaved road too. Bewildering.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Fair point. If you want a real war to wage on your style of camping, "off-road" travel with a Lippert-framed camper voids their structural warranty. They consider "off-road" any unpaved road too. Bewildering.
    Typical corporate weasel clause.

My favorite one is the Can Am ATV one. "do not drive in water deeper than the flooboards". Yet that ATV can be equipped with what they call the XMR package. Which includes a snorkel for running under water.

OTH, there are people out there that can screwup a crowbar. For some entertainment view some videos online of the insane things people do to brand new ATVs...So I sorta understand why weasel clauses exist
    Last edited by huntindog; 12-30-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123