User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raise your stablizers

Many here have mentioned how low the rear stabilizers are set at the factory on several Reflection models. Some have raised them, I did not, and today I wish I had

Last night while making a U-turn my RR stabilizer clipped a cement curb. It’s bent back and I’ll need to replace it. Looks like its around $500 on E-Trailer and I’ll do it myself and raise the other while I’m at it

Anyway… lesson learned. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by RobertS377; 10-22-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been several threads on this topic.
    In most cases, the stabilizers are not "raised" at the factory. The jacks are too long, they are on the highest set of mounting holes on the bracket, and can not be raised any higher.
    Some owners have been successful in getting GD to replace the jacks with the shorter ones. Some have not been so lucky. I'm in the first group. I'm good. The replacement jacks put me at almost 8" above the ground.
    My jacks were only 4" off the ground even though they were within the angle of departure. I don't have a clue as to what criteria GD uses to determining replacement .
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does GD sell a shorter one? If I’m going to buy one i might as well replace both with a better fit

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need to replace both of them. IIRC, they run around $400 each. I would try to get GD to send them before trying to order them.
    While GD will send warranty parts to an owner, I don't think they sell directly to owners.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas