Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    With the three wide open vents into the living area from the basement, I just knew that when mice found a way into the basement that the living area would be the next step.
    I used rigid vent screening in the pantry, under the hutch and under the stairs in the shoe cubby. The shoe cubby was the tough one [emoji57]Attachment 37347Attachment 37348

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Well Done. Nice clean look! We're from Arizona and don't need the storage bay open to the living area for heating/cooling. After a squirrel found its way to the pantry I sealed off the storage bay from the living area using foam pipe insulation wrapped with hardware cloth. Stuffed it under the pantry and cabinet. Installed 1/4" wood and wood blocks in shoe cubby. Great Stuff Insulating Foam in the hole where bath plumbing goes down to the storage bay.
    2020 Solitude 310GK Fifth Wheel
    2018 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X2 6'4" BOX 6.7–Liter I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection - Gooseneck Mount Firestone 2598 Air Bags

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Thanks. I am aware and weighed my options. I rarely use the furnace, but I am curious about the effect, if any, of the screening. I will post if I have any issue. I figure that the air spaces in the coroplast have to count for something!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Update....several days traveling from the mid Atlantic to FL in pretty cool temps. Running the furnace for lengthy periods worked perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12