User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What specifically is improved?

I'm also looking at the CRE3000 + wet bolts. But I'm also wondering just is improved in towing a TT with this upgrade.

Thanks,
    Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    I'm also looking at the CRE3000 + wet bolts. But I'm also wondering just is improved in towing a TT with this upgrade.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Smother ride

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smoother ride, yes.

Also, when parked, the trailer no longer rocks when you walk around - even with the stabilizer jacks up.

Amazing.

Of course, I went whole hog - MORryde 3000, heavy-duty shackle and wet bolt kit, Sumo springs on all four springs and three MORryde X-braces.

It totally transforms the trailer's performance - for the better!

2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the upgrade added, as well. We have a triple axle Momentum 399TH. We worked with Performance Trailer Braking (https://performancetrailerbraking.com/). Our installer, Preston (based out of Oklahoma) was outstanding! When we're ready to do the disc brakes (sometimes you gotta stretch the budget out...), I will make sure I'm in his area.

And PTB was really great to work with. We had opted for the Roadmaster Slipper Spring system initially. Turns out, with the rear drain pipe, that wasn't going to work. I'm actually glad it worked out that way, as I really like the MORRyde CRE3000 system. I've had broken parts on the factory install, and I'm pretty sure only a meteor would break these. I can't recommend it enough.
    Last edited by MyRVRadio; 11-03-2021 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Misspell
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for Morryde CRE3000 and wetbolts/shackle upgrades. Made my 2400BH much smoother. Sumosprings are on my "black friday watch list".
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Transcend 265BH similar weight to yours… I agree with everyone on the difference in ride and bounce. I also put an X factor in the center as well as the Sumo Springs on the axles for extra protection.
    250 on the labor would be a fair price for installation.. A warning they like using the air guns to much , those wet bolts only need 40-50 ft lbs on . them. I bought extra bolts and nuts to have invade any service had to be done.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgraded my suspension. I had the CRE 3000 Equalizer but went with the SRE 4000 which gave me another 1 - 1.5" of travel. The SRE 4000 also came with the Morryde X-Factor Crossmember which goes between the spring hangers where the Equalizer attaches. I also bought 2 more X-Factor Crossmembers for the other 2 (front/rear) spring hangers. The crossmembers stiffen up the spring hangers helping to avoid bending. Happy with all. Big improvement. I bought all from Morryde at an Owners Rally and did the install myself. Pretty easy to do in a morning or afternoon.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaws2201 View Post
    I see lots of folks upgrade their suspension to the Morryde kit. Is the Morryde Equalizer and wet bolt shackle kit a must for the 2021 Imagine 2800bh? My 2021 has the 4,400lb axels, just wanted to ask if it really makes that much of a difference? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, upgrades are always good. I did the Morryde CRE 3000 equalizer, wet bolts and HD shackles as well as the Morryde stabilizing bars that back up and reinforce your spring hangers. I’ve seen stories here of spring hangers brakeing and sure do not want that to happen to me. I also did a spring and axle upgrade, plus disk brakes. If you can jack up your RV and support it on the frame safely, the work involved in replacing the equalizer, shackles and even springs and axles is very simple and straight forward. All you need are basic tools and a torque wrench. I did my job by myself at home. It is really easy to overload your RV. I had two 5200 lb axles. I upgraded to the 6k axles gaining a 1600 lb margin of error, which I’ll not get close to now. Before, I was right at capacity and always looking for Ballast to throw overboard, so to speak😀. Every upgrade you do, increases your reliability factor.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine by myself. It was a lot of work but I needed a project. If you have to money get a mechanic to do it for you. The dealerships are so far backed up it will take months to get an appointment and they'll probably keep it in the queue for a few weeks. Just need someone with jacks and floor stands.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though our shackle pins had fittings, I had trouble getting them to take grease, even after jacking the weight off them. Had the CRE 3000 ,shackles, bushings, and pins installed this spring.
    The old bushings were worn much more than expected, even though they had been greased at least some. I recommend the upgrade, especially for a trailer with a few years of age or a lot of miles.
    2015 Ram Tradesman 3500 DRW puck-B&W
    2015 Reflection 29RS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast