User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok My first rookie mistake and a rookie question

I finished winterizing and generator maintenance. This is my first time doing any of these tasks of which I am pretty proud of if I do say so myself. I plan on putting the cover on tomorrow with the help of about a half a dozen friends, I am no fan of ladders. I have a spot in my yard where I plan on parking my camper for the winter, right now it is in my driveway. So here is where I screwed up and I can only laugh at myself, I am finding out how dumb a camper can make you. I have two Marine batteries according to instructions I should remove them and put them on a trickle charge in an area that they wont freeze. Winters can get pretty cold in New England, So I removed them and put them on my bench on a charge. I no sooner walked to my truck to hook up I realized I don't have any power to work the jacks. DUH .
    Can I use my 7 way plug to operate the jacks?
    Also how the heck do you put the TV antenna down ?
    To old to work, to young to retire
    2019 Momentum 376th
    2018 F350 Lariat 6.7 diesel
    2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodak86 View Post
    I finished winterizing and generator maintenance. This is my first time doing any of these tasks of which I am pretty proud of if I do say so myself. I plan on putting the cover on tomorrow with the help of about a half a dozen friends, I am no fan of ladders. I have a spot in my yard where I plan on parking my camper for the winter, right now it is in my driveway. So here is where I screwed up and I can only laugh at myself, I am finding out how dumb a camper can make you. I have two Marine batteries according to instructions I should remove them and put them on a trickle charge in an area that they wont freeze. Winters can get pretty cold in New England, So I removed them and put them on my bench on a charge. I no sooner walked to my truck to hook up I realized I don't have any power to work the jacks. DUH .
    Can I use my 7 way plug to operate the jacks?
    Also how the heck do you put the TV antenna down ?
    7 way will not have enough amps to run your jacks most likely. You can always "jump start" and hook up to running vehicle. Wouldn't do this long term.

Can't help with antenna.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright ! I can give that a go. Thanks
    2019 Momentum 376th

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give it a try. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that it might work. What do you have to loose?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW - especially in cold/very cold weather climates, there is absolutely no need to lug batteries indoors. They like it cold! Just make sure to completely disconnect them after a good charge up - don't count on the kill switch, disconnect one terminal. I have several prior posts with info about "self discharge", including graphs. In essence, it takes many, many months for them to fall below the 50% charge level. Here in Minn., I have three boat batteries, 2 RV, and one general purpose (not counting the usual car/truck ones). All stay disconnected, outdoors, in their respective vehicles from Oct to April/May. After 15 yrs, never have I had a battery come out of hibernation with less than 90% full charge. Fully charged batteries do not freeze until it gets to -74F, which is even a bit cold for Minn!
    Had one that went a full year (including a summer with many 90+ days), and even that one was at a very high level of charge when I remembered it.
    Heat is another matter, and accelerates the self discharge. So Texas/Arizona in the summer is different....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW - your converter should be able to supply enough power for the jacks, even without a battery installed. So if you can plug it in, even if only a usual house 15/20 amp circuit, all should be good.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan on trying that. I am looking up how amps the hydraulic pump motor draws. Push comes to shove I will just bring the batteries back. Just didn't want to lug them around
    Thanks
    2019 Momentum 376th

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the dog bones to go from50 AMP to 120
    2019 Momentum 376th

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    BTW - especially in cold/very cold weather climates, there is absolutely no need to lug batteries indoors. They like it cold! Just make sure to completely disconnect them after a good charge up - don't count on the kill switch, disconnect one terminal. I have several prior posts with info about "self discharge", including graphs. In essence, it takes many, many months for them to fall below the 50% charge level. Here in Minn., I have three boat batteries, 2 RV, and one general purpose (not counting the usual car/truck ones). All stay disconnected, outdoors, in their respective vehicles from Oct to April/May. After 15 yrs, never have I had a battery come out of hibernation with less than 90% full charge. Fully charged batteries do not freeze until it gets to -74F, which is even a bit cold for Minn!
    Had one that went a full year (including a summer with many 90+ days), and even that one was at a very high level of charge when I remembered it.
    Heat is another matter, and accelerates the self discharge. So Texas/Arizona in the summer is different....
    Now you tell me....
    2019 Momentum 376th

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always leave my batteries for ALL my vehicles on a Battery Tender. Would be surprised how many extra years one can get out of a maintained battery. My batteries (none are AGM BTW, except for my off-road Jeep) usually last 10 - 12 yrs, Jetski batteries 7-8 yrs. My (bought new) 2012 Mustang is still running on its factory battery!

I also never disconnect either of the posts when storing on the trickle charger. Before the Deltran, was getting only 4-5 yrs auto, 2 yrs jetskis.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast