User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Agree 100%. The Bilsteins will virtually eliminate the oscillation and the Timbren springs stabilize and prevent the bottoming out of the leaf springs. The Timbren will also help to extend the life of your shocks. We've towed heavy on the NH to FL route....at the limit of our SRW "1 tons" for years with this exact setup (and without) and it is night and day. I did add sumo springs to my 310GK and they also help to eliminate excess oscillation in the rear of the trailer, but only by shortening spring travel. I would say they are not as good as trailer shocks, but a lot easier to install if you have nothing there to begin with.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    Thank you.
    Yeah, I run the Bilstein 4600's because my truck is not lifted. The Timbrens absolutely keep the body from rolling, and make a huge difference versus not having them. I had not pulled long haul yet with the new shocks however. That will happen in 2 weeks from now though, I will make the NC to FL run on I-95... As someone mentioned, I cant wait to get out of NC & SC, as the GA and FL roads are much nicer and more forgiving.
    Thanks to everyone that has commented here. I am trying to come up with the best solution with the tools I have (I.E. the truck I own), versus having to buy a new truck which is not in the cards ...
    Thanks again

Jason
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've had air bags on both my previous 2 trucks but went with the Timbrens on my 2016 1 ton and loved them. My 337RLS had a pin weight of around 3,200 lbs and I still have the Rancho shocks, although I upgraded my previous trucks to the Bilsteins.

I just sold my 337 and now have an Imagine so I removed the Timbrens if anyone has a GMC truck that wants the Timbrens I am selling them for $175 plus shipping

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123