User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bench Seat with Storage Drawer

In our Solitude 301GK the front side of the dining room table is a little tight for us to fit using the chairs. I made a bench seat with cushions and a deep drawer. It is much easier to slide in and out as it does not go under the table as far.

Dimentions of the bench including top cushion is 21” wide x 39” deep x 18” high. I used one sheet of 4’x 8’ birch veneer plywood, one 3/4” x 4” x 8’ pine board, and (3) 11/16” x 16’ lengths of square pine molding, and a set of 38” long slides. The cushions are made from a sheet of 2” x 24”x 72” foam rubber, upholstery material from a fabric store, and 1/4” luan plywood. I had to go to a specialty plywood distributor for the birch plywood. You could use 1/2” plywood but I was trying to make it a little lighter. Everything else except for the fabric is available from Amazon and Home Depot.

If anyone is interested I would be happy to post the plans.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assy Bench.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	37388 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211024_110814.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	37389 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211024_110848.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	37390

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211024_110913.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	37391 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211024_110936.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	37392
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, DW complains about how tight it is to get in there with the chair...I wont even try it. Plus more storage is always a plus.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice job. We got rid of all four chairs and bought two bench ottomans with storage. They're more comfortable than the chairs, anyway, and the one nearest the theater seats gives my wife a place to put a cork placemat and use for an end table.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Nice! Like the fact that you made so that you can still view the entire window behind the bench.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flyn2high,
    Great job on the bench seat w/ storage! Would you be willing to share the plans?
    My Wife, Daughter (16yo) and I are shaping up to go full-time in our 'new to us' 2018 377MBS Solitude. We need all the storage space we can get....

Thanks,

MarknCA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MarknCA View Post
    Flyn2high,
    Great job on the bench seat w/ storage! Would you be willing to share the plans?
    My Wife, Daughter (16yo) and I are shaping up to go full-time in our 'new to us' 2018 377MBS Solitude. We need all the storage space we can get....

Thanks,

MarknCA

I am hoping this will work. I attached a ziped file with all of the drawings. If not I can email the zip file to you if you pm me.

There are PDF files for all of the detail drawings and assemblies. A file named "plywood sheet" is how I layed out the parts to be cut on one 3/8" 4x8 sheet. A sub folder has the Solidworks files that were created using Solidworks 2017. You will need that version or later to open them. I also made a folder in igs format that should be able to be imported using most cad apps.

This is how I made my bench using the tools I have (portable table saw, a pin nailer and titebond premium wood glue). I know there are better ways to build this if you have cabinet making equipment. Also all of the dimensions are in 3 place decimals because it was just easier for me. Not show are two 3/4 x 3 1/2 x 37 1/4 pine to mount the slides to the inside of the cabinet. I used 11/16" square pine molding from home depot to save me from ripping square strips from 3/4" pine boards.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Camper Bench.zip
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Very nice job. We got rid of all four chairs and bought two bench ottomans with storage. They're more comfortable than the chairs, anyway, and the one nearest the theater seats gives my wife a place to put a cork placemat and use for an end table.

Rob
    Hey Rob,
    Would you share where you found your bench ottomans.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywelle View Post
    Hey Rob,
    Would you share where you found your bench ottomans.
    Target. They had one in the store in Evans, GA, and we ordered the other on-line from Target to match. The length was the hardest thing to get right so they fit on the slide with enough room to open the top, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015