User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    You can buy Sailun online through Walmart. It makes returns for any reason much easier. Just bring them back to any Walmart

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Maybe , maybe not. I bought four from walmart Online and had two fail , about 400 miles apart , in less than a year while on my current trip. Was told by Walmart Auto in Colorado Springs that they don’t warranty trailer tires. Was sent to Big O Tires by the Sailun distributor , they won’t warranty them. So I had Discount Tire order four Goodyears. Sailun are in my truck and basement storage to try and get some kind of help when we make it home.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Echoing Vickie and Charlie, was told the same. Westlake G's (OEM) failed me at 8k miles, Sailun G's failed me at 4300 and 4500 miles. I went with Hankook G's and happy so far: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

3 Day shipping and Les Schwab installed them.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This RV tire situation is a conundrum. Opinions and experiences all over the map. So also are the tires manufactured all over the map. We have a 2019 Solitude 310GKR equipped with the original 14 ply Westlakes. Wanted to change them out for a set of Goodyear 14 ply for this last trip but no one could seem to get them. Or if perchance someone did have them they were demanding almost $500 a piece for them Like many my confidence in foreign made tires is nil. Unfortunately returning home in Pennsylvania we had a catastrophic blow out which did a fair amount of damage. The wheel wells on 5ers and TTs are not constructed to handle blow outs well. That being said, it seems that the search goes on for reliable trailer tires. I've never heard of Sailun tires but it seems to me that another potential Chinese tire bomb would not be an acceptable substitute.
    I recently heard favorable reports of Hercules tires, made in Ohio by Cooper tires. Does anyone have any experience regarding this brand? Surely any trip no matter how far is more pleasant if a tire failure or the constant expectation of a failure is not present. Your input would be appreciated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sailun S637

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I just ordered and received 5 Sailun 235/85/R16 tires. 5 because I am upsizing from an 80 profile.

3 of the tires have a date code of 3020, the other 2 are 4420.

I'm not tickled that some of the tires are over a year old and 2 are right at a year.

If you ordered or put tires on recently what date codes are you seeing?

Thanks.
    Be very careful on those Sailun tires. I put a set on my Solitude last December and in August two of them failed (spun the tread right off the steel belts). The flying treads whacked one of my hydraulic lines to the Lippert levelers. I ordered two more S637s, and a month later, another of the December tires spun the treads, and ripped the side plastic fender off in the process. the company I bought them from, which I will not say at this time, is working with me on reimbursements. They did request my failed tires to be shipped back to them for evaluation and testing at a lab somewhere. I have put on a set of Hercules H-901/14 ply tires. They are a very heavy tire, and are G-rated for load and highway speed. So far, so good. I have about 2000 miles on them.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If they were made in China, I'd hang on to them
    Never thought I'd see that written down in an RV forum. lol

To each their own. If I have the choice, I won't run a Chinese tire on anything...well...maybe a wheelbarrow.....probably not. lol

To the OP, year old tires that were stored properly, indoors are fine IMO. Not as good as 'recent' new tires, but not a huge concern I don't think?
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 11-05-2021 at 05:27 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response..... my Westlake blow-out also slightly damaged the hydraulic line on left rear leveler. Do you know if these rear hydraulic lines go to a junction at the rear of the trailer close to the leveler or do they run the full length to the main pump?
    For sure I'm staying away from foreign manufactured tires. The damage from a blow-out is just too devastating! On a previous trailer which came equipped with 10 ply Goodyear tires, under-rated for the trailer, Goodyear was very helpful. They replaced the tires and paid for damages. Their reputation is obviously important to them. I doubt Westlake want to hear from me!
    I'm still looking for more feedback on Hercules tires. If anyone else has more info. Thank you

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I heard back from Simpletire. Believe it or not, they said that they consider any tire less than 4 years old to be a new tire.
    I would tend to agree - depending on how it's stored. Tires primarily "age" through heat cycles so if they've been sitting in a warehouse at a roughly constant temperature out of the sun for a couple years, I wouldn't worry about them.

(Disclaimer - my opinion comes from years of motorcycle roadracing where tire choice (age, compound, construction, size) is pretty important. I've raced on several year old tires that have been stored properly with no problem).
    signature

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW....this runs counter to a lot of opinions...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...last-10-years/

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    FWIW....this runs counter to a lot of opinions...
    That pretty much lines up with what I've been told (and experienced) with race tires.
    signature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12