User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide-outs acting weird on m 2018 ST-310

This problem just cropped up lately. When I go to pull in the 2 main slides (the bedroom slide is fine), the slides will come in about 1/4 of the way and stop as if there's no power. Wait about 5-10 seconds and they start working again but only come in another 1/4 of the way. Wait again ant they start working again. After about 3 of times doing this they finally come all the way in. Anybody know what's up?
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    This problem just cropped up lately. When I go to pull in the 2 main slides (the bedroom slide is fine), the slides will come in about 1/4 of the way and stop as if there's no power. Wait about 5-10 seconds and they start working again but only come in another 1/4 of the way. Wait again ant they start working again. After about 3 of times doing this they finally come all the way in. Anybody know what's up?
    Assuming that they are Lippert hydraulic slides, you probably have a weakened 50 amp auto reset breaker. If you check their website you will find that the fix the s an 80 amp replacement fuse that may or may not need wiring upgrades as well.

You can try a new 50 amp breaker and see how it goes. I've had success with that. Readily available on Amazon

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Yes they're the Lippert 6-pt system. Can you tell me the location of the 50a breaker? Is it in the front bay near the control box?
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also indicative of weakened battery. Test your battery as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Yes they're the Lippert 6-pt system. Can you tell me the location of the 50a breaker? Is it in the front bay near the control box?
    Front bay under a black cover behind the battery. Follow the heavy red 6 gauge wire from the reversing relay (also located in the front compartment near the hydraulic pump on the curbside wall) back to the circuit breaker.

Picture of mine (2018 ST310GK) as as I was rewiring it for the 80A circuit breaker. The stock 50A is at the bottom of the stack with no output wire connected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9294.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	37420 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9181.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	37421

and a picture of my 80 amp circuit breaker installed. I mounted it on the curb side wall (center of picture) near the reversing relay (top of picture) and the pump (left side of picture). Note: there are different types/physical sizes of 80A circuit breakers. I went with a heavier duty series.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9437.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	37422

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 10-26-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't bother with replacing the 50 amp breaker, just upgrade to the 80 amp fuse. It is a simple wiring job and it fixes the problem.

I chose to upgrade all the wiring to 4 awg because I had extra wire on hand. If you choose to upgrade the wiring, be sure to upgrade all the wiring from the battery, through the fuse, and to the pump. You will also want to upgrade the ground wire for the pump as well. Upgrading the wiring is not required, but I am happy I did it.

Once I replaced the wiring and installed the new 80 amp, self resetting, fuse my problems with my stabilizers and Landing Legs disappeared.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great info folks.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CoChris, I pulled the black cover off and think I understand now. I was looking for a larger breaker at first. Looks like the original 50a breaker is at the bottom that vertical stack of 4 breakers you show in your top photos. You simply bypassed the old breaker and wired in the new 80a breaker. Looks pretty simple.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CoChris, I pulled the black cover off and think I understand now. I was looking for a larger breaker at first. Looks like the original 50a breaker is at the bottom that vertical stack of 4 breakers you show in your top photos. You simply bypassed the old breaker and wired in the new 80a breaker. Looks pretty simple.
    Yes it was simple. However, I did increase the wire size from 6 gauge to 4 gauge from the battery to the relay and from ground to the relay. Also, the stock wiring ring terminals were 3/16" (stock circuit breakers have #10-32 terminals) and I used 1/4" ring terminals on the new wires to match the CB185 series breaker I used. All in all I removed the stock #6 wire from the stock circuit breaker and the #6 wire from the reversing relay, mounted the new circuit breaker and made two new 4 gauge wires (one to ground & one to the buss bar). Took me about 30 min.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Yes it was simple. However, I did increase the wire size from 6 gauge to 4 gauge from the battery to the relay and from ground to the relay. Also, the stock wiring ring terminals were 3/16" (stock circuit breakers have #10-32 terminals) and I used 1/4" ring terminals on the new wires to match the CB185 series breaker I used. All in all I removed the stock #6 wire from the stock circuit breaker and the #6 wire from the reversing relay, mounted the new circuit breaker and made two new 4 gauge wires (one to ground & one to the buss bar). Took me about 30 min.

Chris
    Got it. Can you give me the brand and model number of breaker you used?
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast