User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for Nova Kool 9000/9200 owners

We are thinking of replacing our Domatic 6 cu/ft refrigerator with either the Nova Kool RFU9000 or 9200 refrigerator. I have read all of the reviews and it seems like the biggest complaint is that there is no place for a standard 1 gallon milk jug. I called Nova Kool and they confirmed that a 1 gallon milk container will not fit, actually he called it a 4 liter container, yup they are out of Canada. He said their refrigerator is designed for 1 or 2 liter containers and the larger ones won't fit. He recommended using only 1/2 gallon milk containers, he called them 2 litter , or laying the 1 gallon on its side, yeah, right, like that won't make a mess when it leaks all over the interior.

How has everyone overcome this short fall? Are you using the 1/2 gallon containers, pouring the milk into 2 liter bottles, or laying the 1 gallon on its side? I was also wondering if the new milk container from Sam's Club will fit since it is thinner and taller than a standard milk jug?

Thanks for your help,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​Did you ever find anything out about Nova Kool ? I don't think anyone here has it but am curious what you learned.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    ​Did you ever find anything out about Nova Kool ? I don't think anyone here has it but am curious what you learned.
    We have the RFU9200ACDC on order but it will not be here until late February or early March. This supply shortage is hitting every industry. The 9200 is the dual compressor so the refrigerator and the freezer run separate from each other. In other words you can turn the freezer as cold as you want to freeze your ice cream and it won't affect the refrigerator. It is more expensive than the single compressor but I wanted the ability to control the freezer independent from the refrigerator. It will also run on AC when you are plugged into the shore power and automatically switches to DC when you unplug. If you are plugged in the unit will always run on AC.
    The only complaints I have found is the one about the gallon of milk not fitting. Nova Kools answer to this is to buy 1/2 gallons of milk which will fit. So we will buy the 1/2 gallon milk while we are camping, not a big deal. Others have complained the stuff in the vegetable bin freezes if you turn the unit cold enough to actually freeze stuff solid. I am hoping the dual compressors will cure that problem. If not, it is a simple fix by putting the aluminum backed insulation (Frost King) under the crisper.
    I also read on the Nova Kool website that they recommend to ventilate behind the refrigerator if it is on an outside wall to keep the heat from building up and to make the refrigerator run more efficiently. I installed two vent fans on the upper vent over a year ago with the baffle that Grand Design installed. I will leave those there and hook them up to a 100° or 110° thermostat so the fans will kick on automatically and remove excessive heat from behind the refrigerator. Everything is already there from when I installed the cooling kit so I might as well put it to good use to make the refrigerator run more efficiently.
    When it comes in I will try to remember to take pictures of the swap and post the procedure and how difficult it was.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS