User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Ok, great! I thought I might be able to access from the front. Thanks for the details. I thought of getting a Pex tool just to have on hand since everything is going to pex now. I will probably try and do this, I hate getting blasted with cold water when we camp at places that does not have sewer hook ups! Have you not had any of the flair fittings leak? I have used them on copper, but the plastic ones scare me?
    I have never had a flair-it leak. I do a lot of work on RVs at rallies so I carry a gallon jug full of them. Never had a complaint. Heating the end of the PEX and immediately screwing on the locking nut seems to help crunch in a good seal. Have to do the same to remove the fitting. RV mfg used to use them solely. Now they are more expensive than PEX crimps.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    So which Oxygenics shower head is everyone using? Also what type of handheld shower head are you replacing?... the OEM one in my 337RLS while not multi function it does work fantastic!
    My OEM shower head was pretty good also, on my Refection, but the multi pattern head gives you a choice of firmer spray, wider, or narrow spray. I bought the one that Wal-Mart carries, don't remember the model number. Helps some to have more pressure if you come across a campground with sub par pressure.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    No, you get a blast of COLD water! I have one and every time I use it when I turn it back on the water is ice cold!
    I agree with you. My shower gives me a blast of hot water when using the flow interrupter on the shower head. I have to hold my wash rag up for a few seconds to keep it from getting the feeling of being nearly scalded every time. I'm not sure what the deal is with getting a hot blast from some and cold blast from others...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the issue of getting a cold or hot blast stems from the common occurrence of a water trickle when the full flow is interrupted. The trickle allows whichever side of the supply, hot or cold, having the greatest pressure to prevail. In many RVs, there is a check valve at the water heater. This slightly reduces the water pressure coming out of the hot water tank, and a cold blast results. In some other RVs the prevalence of angle bends and long runs of piping in the cold supply might result in the cold side having slightly less pressure than the hot resulting in a hot blast. The other big variable is someone opening any water valve elsewhere in the RV while the shower is in use. Bottom line, there’s not simple universal answer to addressing temperature blasts in the shower other than caution while under the shower.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but the issue of getting a cold or hot blast stems from the common occurrence of a water trickle when the full flow is interrupted. The trickle allows whichever side of the supply, hot or cold, having the greatest pressure to prevail. In many RVs, there is a check valve at the water heater. This slightly reduces the water pressure coming out of the hot water tank, and a cold blast results. In some other RVs the prevalence of angle bends and long runs of piping in the cold supply might result in the cold side having slightly less pressure than the hot resulting in a hot blast. The other big variable is someone opening any water valve elsewhere in the RV while the shower is in use. Bottom line, there’s not simple universal answer to addressing temperature blasts in the shower other than caution while under the shower.

Yup, no need to add all of these valves, gauges, or other components... when ready to rinse off I simply lift the shower head from its cradle and aim it towards the corner. 3-4 seconds max and the water is right where it should be.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, no need to add all of these valves, gauges, or other components... when ready to rinse off I simply lift the shower head from its cradle and aim it towards the corner. 3-4 seconds max and the water is right where it should be.
    That's what I do and have never seen it as a real issue. After all these years of hearing how great the Oxygenics shower heads are I just installed one. Wow, the pressure may not be any greater but it sure seems to be. I'm amazed at the performance of it when using the 12v water pump. I highly recommend.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    That's what I do and have never seen it as a real issue. After all these years of hearing how great the Oxygenics shower heads are I just installed one. Wow, the pressure may not be any greater but it sure seems to be. I'm amazed at the performance of it when using the 12v water pump. I highly recommend.

What model number Oxygenics shower head did you purchase? Too many out there to just go and randomly select one only to have it give a "not so great" performance. Thanks.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model number Oxygenics shower head did you purchase? Too many out there to just go and randomly select one only to have it give a "not so great" performance. Thanks.
    Oxygenics 26788 BodySpa RV Handheld Shower. Amazon has a great price on them right now. Basic shower head but a big improvement over the OEM one that comes with the Reflection.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123