User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Done wrong by dealer! ... yep, the brake assembly that I identified to the dealer for repair. It's starting to look like they either never inspected my brake assembly or the tech did not what they were doing.
    And dealers wonder why we continually cuss their service departments. It's across the board. I've dealt with the GM and Polaris service departments in the recent month and neither of them have been anything shy of a ~~~~show. I hope you get it taken care of and have good, safe brakes. It's sad that the owners have to constantly double check everything a service department does (at least around here).
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    I'd be calling GD with the VIN to verify the dealer filed a warranty claim. And I'd be asking GD to cover the cost of a loaded backing plate and change it out myself.
    I did purchase a new complete brake assembly and drum/hub and installed it myself. Yesterday I informed the owner of my local RV dealer of my experience and my intent on contacting Grand Design for resolution and compensation for my out of pocket costs for a repair that should have been a warranty repair.
    Last edited by Corky2; 12-09-2021 at 03:45 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    And dealers wonder why we continually cuss their service departments. It's across the board. I've dealt with the GM and Polaris service departments in the recent month and neither of them have been anything shy of a ~~~~show. I hope you get it taken care of and have good, safe brakes. It's sad that the owners have to constantly double check everything a service department does (at least around here).
    Agreed! This is why I tend to repair my own stuff if I can.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12