User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold weather protection for ice maker water source

We have a 2021 Solitude 385GK-R. Recently we were on a trip when temps dropped into the 20s several nights. I disconnected our water source and took other precautions to protect the rv. I'm curious how other GD owners handle the water supply to their icemaker (it runs from the wet bay to the fridge outside of a heated space) when unexpected, short term, temp swings require precaution? I turned it off in the wet bay and separated a connection to let water drain as much as possible. It worked, but I'm looking for a better, long-term solution. Perhaps install a low point drain? Heat tape?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering this to, as it is very exposed under the kitchen slide on our 351M. Easy enough to drain though - ours has a threaded 90-deg elbow right before it goes back into the slide to the fridge. Was thinking about using pipe insulation, but the pex runs through a couple of brackets designed to fold in with the slide and not enough room in the brackets for the insulation.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 397TH. what I have done is wrap the line to the fridge. If the temps fall below 20 deg I just shut off the valve in the wet bay. Going on second winter and no problems.
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R