Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 351M-R fuel station problem

We ordered a 351M-R in Dec 21. By the time we took delivery late June it was a 2022. The fuel station in the 2022 has an electronic panel at the station. Our station has never worked and keep getting a run around with dealer and GD about a fix for the issue. I have fuel in both tanks. LCI panel in the coach shows fuel levels, however, the station itself will not initialize and show levels, neither will the fuel pump come on. There is power at the outside panel (as tested) and as fuel tank gauges are powered from the panel. GD sent a replacement(old style with analog gauge), but not even close to what I have. Wiring harness is completely different. Anyone have the new electronic station? Does it work? Beyond frustrated with this issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we just picked up our 2022 351ms with the same issue. i thought at first maybe there was a safety setting that would not let the pump turn on with no fuel in the tank but put fuel in today and still the pump does not turn on.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is funny. I have a 2016 351 and it was a common problem that they wired the analog gage backward. When you pushed the switch for generator, it gave you the toy gas level and vice versa. Seems they can’t get a simple system right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snicker1973 View Post
    We ordered a 351M-R in Dec 21. By the time we took delivery late June it was a 2022. The fuel station in the 2022 has an electronic panel at the station. Our station has never worked and keep getting a run around with dealer and GD about a fix for the issue. I have fuel in both tanks. LCI panel in the coach shows fuel levels, however, the station itself will not initialize and show levels, neither will the fuel pump come on. There is power at the outside panel (as tested) and as fuel tank gauges are powered from the panel. GD sent a replacement(old style with analog gauge), but not even close to what I have. Wiring harness is completely different. Anyone have the new electronic station? Does it work? Beyond frustrated with this issue.

Thanks,

Steve
    The new digital sending units need to be "programmed" to work with the One Control inside.

There is a series of button pushing on the outdoor unit that needs to be done to make it function.

Unfortunately, I don't know the correct series to tell you, but there is a fix out there.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would think GD would have the ability to tell a dealer or a customer how to make it function. After all, a thorough PDI by the dealer should have caught it and rectified the situation.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Style fuel pump issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rwf5775naf View Post
    we just picked up our 2022 351ms with the same issue. i thought at first maybe there was a safety setting that would not let the pump turn on with no fuel in the tank but put fuel in today and still the pump does not turn on.
    I came upon the solution to get the pump to come on tonight. When you initially power the unit up by pushing the ON button the display lights up with fuel levels and it goes to the OFF switch. If you hold the OFF button till it flashes you can then release it and hit the ON button the pump should start if not do the OFF button sequence again with the ON button and it should then start the pump.

Good luck
    Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answer at 2:30AM

Quote Originally Posted by rwf5775naf View Post
    I came upon the solution to get the pump to come on tonight. When you initially power the unit up by pushing the ON button the display lights up with fuel levels and it goes to the OFF switch. If you hold the OFF button till it flashes you can then release it and hit the ON button the pump should start if not do the OFF button sequence again with the ON button and it should then start the pump.

Good luck
    Bill
    This happened to our 2022 Momentum 397TH when we ran out of generator gas at 2:30am. I got "mad" at it and thought, remove power, replace power, and see what happens. I went to the fuse panel, pulled the fuse, replaced it back into the socket, and the pump came on. I have to do this every time so hopefully your fix will work and be much easier than mine. I was thinking on ust pulling the power wire off of the switch, putting a toggle in line and reconnecting it to the switch after the toggle, then all I would have to do is flip the toggle on and it would work, then flip it off when I am done. It might be a pain to install neatly, but it would fix the pulling the fuse issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the off until blinked and than the pump would start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill. This worked for me. Very strange solution.