Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New RecPro Theater Seats to replace stock trifold sleeper couch

I have just received these new seats, and they look great. We never got comfortable on the couch and never used the sleeper. Just have to wait for a dry day to get the modules into the 26rl and assemble.

I've noticed that the legs/feet that will contact the floor consist of discs that are fairly hard plastic. They're about 1/2" thick and about the diameter of a silver dollar. I'm concerned about shifting excessively in transit.

I read a post somewhere that it is not necessary to anchor to the floor like the couch because the weight-about 200 pounds- will keep it in place.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the state of most roads and steering wheel holders on the road....I would take the time to secure them now...but i am paranoid that way.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you-an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say!

I just checked one of the chair-frame modules, and it seems the front rail has an oval punch-out for a fastener.

I'll contact GD tomorrow to find out how thick the subflooring is. This is going in the rear lounge area, not on a slide-out.

Thanks again,

Peter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokulele View Post
    I have just received these new seats, and they look great. We never got comfortable on the couch and never used the sleeper. Just have to wait for a dry day to get the modules into the 26rl and assemble.

I've noticed that the legs/feet that will contact the floor consist of discs that are fairly hard plastic. They're about 1/2" thick and about the diameter of a silver dollar. I'm concerned about shifting excessively in transit.

I read a post somewhere that it is not necessary to anchor to the floor like the couch because the weight-about 200 pounds- will keep it in place.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter
    No experience on this, but perhaps these? - https://www.amazon.com/Non-Slip-Furn...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good find!

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    No experience on this, but perhaps these? - https://www.amazon.com/Non-Slip-Furn...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Thanks Keebler, nice find! I'll look into these-I might even find them at Ace.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's going along the back windows, the slideout will hold it in place on rough roads. We had our old trifold unsecured for most of the 6 years we have had our 303. Just replaced it and did not secure the new sofa either.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If it's going along the back windows, the slideout will hold it in place on rough roads. We had our old trifold unsecured for most of the 6 years we have had our 303. Just replaced it and did not secure the new sofa either.
    Our sofa was held down with two flimsy L-brackets, but they were a little deformed when we removed it.

The fact that you believe the slide will keep it from roaming is good enough for me given your extensive experience.

Thanks you guys,

Peter