User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide doesn't fit right in 2021 Reflection 31MB

The slide out for the living area doesn't fit when closed. It sticks out at the bottom over an inch but it fits fine at the top, like it's crooked in the opening of the wall. I've looked at one other that I've seen and it looks pretty much the same as mine. My dealer says it's pretty much normal if it doesn't leak, but to bring it in and they'll check it. It's not easy to make a service appointment and I'd rather not go through the hassle of bringing it in if they can't do anything about it. Does anyone here have a 31MB with the same issue?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite common for the top to fit closer to the wall than the bottom. It is how the through-frame mechanism is designed to work. If you try to make equal, you often see your slide spilling open when you're turning your coach.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hearing that this is a common complaint. Even if it doesn't leak, it looks pretty tacky and GN should have done more R&D before just declaring this acceptable.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I'm hearing that this is a common complaint. Even if it doesn't leak, it looks pretty tacky and GN should have done more R&D before just declaring this acceptable.
    It's only a complaint of those who do not understand how the slide-outs function. Moreover, this is not Grand Design. Nearly 100% of the slide mechanisms are Lippert products in mass-produced campers, and the through-frame slide mechanism used by Grand Design no different than Forest River, no different than Jayco, or any other. Different lengths and depths of slides, along with weights within, can sometimes make it look a little more pronounced. Nonetheless, they all function the same way, done to to remove need for transit bars.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It's only a complaint of those who do not understand how the slide-outs function. Moreover, this is not Grand Design. Nearly 100% of the slide mechanisms are Lippert products in mass-produced campers, and the through-frame slide mechanism used by Grand Design no different than Forest River, no different than Jayco, or any other. Different lengths and depths of slides, along with weights within, can sometimes make it look a little more pronounced. Nonetheless, they all function the same way, done to to remove need for transit bars.
    I understand how it functions but disagree with the notion that just because others are the same way doesn't make it acceptable. I've also found out that not much can be done about it. A large misalignment that creates a 1.5 inch gap at bottom is poor design in my opinion. I'll have to live with it but it looks like it's out of adjustment and tells me GD standards aren't very high if they use components that look like this.
    Last edited by 1carguy; 10-29-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old post but thought I'd update my complaint about the large gap at the bottom of my slide out. It's been bugging me so I took off the fender opening skirt, made a wedge shaped shim, painted it black and now it at least appears to be lined up now. I'm going to do the other side now. I guess I'm just a little fussy...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skirt mod.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	39098

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that is the same slide as our 2014 there is an adjustment bar underneath at the back end of the slide that could help you. It's a long bar with a couple of nuts on it. It's really easy to adjust it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone reading this thread and contemplating slide adjustment, do more research before adjusting your slides.

1carguy
    Your original statement talks about slide alignment and your fix sounds like fender/metal skirt alignment correction. On my 2020 337 these are two different problems. When my slides are closed the slides seal correctly but the fender sticks out like an air scoop.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U-tube as some instructions for adjusting the slides. Take a look at it to see if you think those adjustments would do anything for you.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    For anyone reading this thread and contemplating slide adjustment, do more research before adjusting your slides.

1carguy
    Your original statement talks about slide alignment and your fix sounds like fender/metal skirt alignment correction. On my 2020 337 these are two different problems. When my slides are closed the slides seal correctly but the fender sticks out like an air scoop.
    Mine, like most others is clearly a misalignment of the slide out to the trailer opening. GD and others have told me that as long as it seals out water nothing can be done. Adjusting it to align with the trailer wall would create misalignments relative to the floor. In other words, it's not "square". I guess I accept this but hated the way it looked. Below is a before and after pic of the misalignment. My cosmetic fix was to make a wedge shim that made the skirt on the trailer line up with the skirt on the slide out.

Name:	IMG_2848.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	39101

Name:	IMG_2862.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	39102
    Last edited by 1carguy; 02-25-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast