User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traveled around Bryce and Capitol Reef Utah back in March and it got rather cold. Temps were in the 20's at night but above freezing during the days... Except when we went over one pass on the highway 24 (forget which one but as i recall it was above 10,000 feet). It was cold out and i was hoping we would soon descend to lower and warmer elevation. Eventually I looked at the truck thermometer and saw it was 19f outside (and snowing pretty good). We found a place to pull over and went back into the trailer and turned the furnace on for a half hour - just in hopes of warming it enough to make the rest of the trip through the mountains. Whether that was helpful or not im not sure but we proceeded on our way a half hour later after turning the furnace back off and the trailer was fine. We had about 1/3 fresh tank.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can safely run the furnace when traveling below freezing and it will keep temps above freezing inside the trailer and in the underbelly. It works as long as you refill the propane tanks and don't go on restricted roads (tunnels for example) where you have to turn off the propane. We do this in sub freezing weather. We also keep our 12 volt fresh, black and gray water tank heaters running whenever its below 32 F.
    Last edited by Dadeo6472; 01-03-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12