User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NeilRach04
    Kim & Chris,

We did browse around both a bit. Lot's of posts and amazing pics on your blog. We have bookmarked your site and will be checking into it some more, in the near future. We are still doing tons of research. If you would be ok with it, we might send you all a PM or two in the future, as we would like to look into starting a blog for our family & freinds to follow us (once we begin our travels), and we have no idea how or where to begin. We don't even have Facebook accounts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) How old were you when you began to live the full time lifestyle?
    41 & 44
    2) Did you absolutely have to work to get by, or were you retired?
    We went full time when i had a 9 month work commitment in NY. I didn't want to commute to MI every other week, didn't want to leave my wife and dogs for 9 months, and we were un willing to to live in a hotel for 9 months.
    3) If you had to work, what type of work did you find, was it enjoyable, and how difficult was it making ends meet living this lifestyle?
    I am a mechanical engineer by trade, thats the work that took us to NY, and now NV. My wife picked up a job at a brewery in town while we were in NY, and is currently looking here in NV.
    4) Do you typically stay put for extended periods of time, or are you more apt to move every coupe days or weeks?
    we stay put for months, unless we don't like the place we are staying.
    5) What do you miss the most about the "traditional" lifestyle?
    I miss my shop/barn, being able to work on our vehicles my self.
    6) What do you like the most about full timing?
    No mortgage, no property maintenance (mowing the grass, shoveling snow, picking up leaves), the ability to move to a different neighborhood if we don't like the location we are at.
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB-CTD-DRW
    2016 Momentum 388M
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    1997 TJ Buggy

CharliesParents
    1) How old were you when you began to live the full time lifestyle?

I was 28 when I joined my boyfriend on the road. He had been full time for almost 3 years by then.

2) Did you absolutely have to work to get by, or were you retired?

My boyfriend works, we travel for his job. And yes, that's because we have to!

3) If you had to work, what type of work did you find, was it enjoyable, and how difficult was it making ends meet living this lifestyle?

He works on broadcast towers so we are all over the country. He's also worked in Africa and India.

4) Do you typically stay put for extended periods of time, or are you more apt to move every coupe days or weeks?
    Usually a job takes anywhere from a week up to about 6 months. It just depends on what they are doing (building, fixing, taking down...). I'd say most of the time we move about once a month.
    5) What do you miss the most about the "traditional" lifestyle?
    I miss having a car. But we are aiming to add a Smart Car to the mix in the next year or so. We have a Momentum 385 so it'll fit in the garage.
    6) What do you like the most about full timing?
    Meeting new people and seeing new places. It's never boring!

I have a blog about our life and traveling and some things we've done to the camper if you want to check it out. It's called HomeSweetHomeOnWheels. I love this lifestyle. And just for the record, I don't think it's anyone else's place to add their unsolicited opinion about their personal feelings on full timing with children or if you have enough money in your retirement account, or how to plan for your future... Just had to get that out there. Good luck with everything!

Rachel & Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12