Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd awning will not open or react at all to switch

When we bought our reflection 337 fifth wheel we were told that the second awning did not open and it was because of a faulty chip. Since we have now begun to travel for the winter we are not near the dealer and only answer we get from them is the chip is on order. We are in Az. and could really use the awning. Does anyone know how to bypass the module and simply use the switch in the control center in RV? I would simply connect to the motor on the awning arm but you can't access that without extending the awning to get to the screws on the backside. Anybody got any ideas?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year is your 337? Does your unit have Lippert One Control? I recommend you create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Knowing the above, we can make more educated guesses for you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reflection 2021 337rls and yes it has lippert one control
    2021 f350 srw cc sb lariat tremmor
    2021 reflection 337rls

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would remove the false wall in the basement and look for the one control module, you should be able to find a wire that goes to the module that is for the awning. Once you figure that out, you might be able to see if you can come up with a method to use the physical switch only.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I would remove the false wall in the basement and look for the one control module, you should be able to find a wire that goes to the module that is for the awning. Once you figure that out, you might be able to see if you can come up with a method to use the physical switch only.

Thanks. Not sure if it is behind small wall covering plumbing valves or angled wall but will find it. That should be doable if I can identify the awning wire.
    2021 reflection 337rls

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not have one control and I have no idea how it works, but did have problems with our front awning opening/closing/awning lights. They drilled the hole in the wrong place for the wires to come out of the exterior wall so the awning outside arm was closing on the wires and pinched them, shorting the circuit and blowing the fuse behind our control panel. Fix the wire and incased them in tubing. Replace the fuse all has been ok.

Just saying maybe Your particular issue could be more simple than a chip?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2403.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgodwin8 View Post
    Thanks. Not sure if it is behind small wall covering plumbing valves or angled wall but will find it. That should be doable if I can identify the awning wire.
    I would guess it's on the curb side away from the plumbing connection. That's how it is on a 311 anyway.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 37517

I assume the 2 arrows point at the wiring connections for the awnings. This is on my 2022 337 RLS. The Unity panel is behind the basement wall, curb side, close to stairway, IIRC.
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS
    2021 GMC 2500 Duramax L5P

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky12 View Post
    Attachment 37517

I assume the 2 arrows point at the wiring connections for the awnings. This is on my 2022 337 RLS. The Unity panel is behind the basement wall, curb side, close to stairway, IIRC.
    Thanks that is very helpful will have time in a couple of days to try that out
    2021 reflection 337rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgodwin8 View Post
    Thanks that is very helpful will have time in a couple of days to try that out
    I was able to trace out the wires directly to the awning from the module and then direct jumper power to them and open and close the awning that way. At least we can use the awning until we get the replacement module. Thanks for the advice.
    2021 reflection 337rls