User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangle2 View Post
    What started as fun tent camping, eventually was a used class A, trade in for a new class C. Recently traded in for a beautiful Solitude S class. Feels roomier, beautiful design thoroughly thrilled.
    One catch we cannot figure out. Our battery dies regularly….. everything is closed up all slides in, friends come to see our big beauty and it’s dead….again.
    Should this happen? Key is out. It’s off. And yet it drains ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our Reflection 5th wheel kills the battery after a week or two with the factory disconnect switch turned off also. This is typical.

Permanent solution was to install a marine battery disconnect switch and I turn off battery with this switch when it’s at storage yard. It work perfectly.

One thing to be aware of is that if your battery was allowed to discharge fully it’s likely been damaged. Good news is that a Grouo 27 deep discharge battery replacement runs only about $85 at either Costco or Sans club.

Here’s the marine switch I installed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E4767AD9-1E50-48A9-AF61-B0FF98B02F89.jpg   B43400AA-790F-4BAD-92B8-DFDFF419C8D8.jpg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try this as well!! Thank you

You said you can't plug in to shore power at your storage. If true, dont do this. Disconnect batteries at the terminals as others have suggested. A small solar panel, connected directly to the batteries, can help trickle charge your batteries while in storage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go solar!

What started as fun tent camping, eventually was a used class A, trade in for a new class C. Recently traded in for a beautiful Solitude S class. Feels roomier, beautiful design thoroughly thrilled.
    One catch we cannot figure out. Our battery dies regularly….. everything is closed up all slides in, friends come to see our big beauty and it’s dead….again.
    Should this happen? Key is out. It’s off. And yet it drains ??

We bought an inexpensive 12 volt waterproof solar panel that we attach, with industrial velcro, to the front of the hitch. We leave it attached during storage,
    and store it in one of the basement compartments, in the original box, when traveling. Even when it's in the box it takes little room to store.
    A 12-14 watt panel should do the trick. Even when there's not much sun, it works like a charm. (We store our Reflection in Central Texas, in a multi
    unit carport (located inside a storage facility). holds The "carport" holds about 10-12 rvs and boats. The rv is 30' 11", and the front sticks out of the
    carport by a few feet, so the panel gets exposure for part of the day. BTW, that low wattage a panel needs no controllers, etc. It came with the connectors
    to use with the battery.

We got the panel from Walmart.com, and paid $50 or less for it. It's worked well for us for going on two years thus far. We're camping now; I'll try to attach a photo to this thread when we return the rv to storage...soon.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn slides use a lot of amperage to move in and out.

After owning a camper (2006 Arctic Fox) a pull trailer (2015 GD 313RLTS) and now the fifth wheel (2019 GD 320MKS) my conclusion on battery only use for a slide out is a heck no! Only when it is plugged into the truck does it ever seem to work. All 3 of these rv's were purchased new and all 3 had 2 deep cycle batteries in them. The strain on the group 27 batteries is too much, the slides use way too many amps to work. So I suggest plug it in to a socket 20,30 or 50 amp. Get the correct plug to match in all cases. The adaptor plug you can use from your 20 amp home plug is inexpensive. I have always had a battery minder for all 3 of these rv's and they have never left me down, leave the rv plugged in at all times if you can. Use a good quality outdoor extension cord to do so if you do not have a 50 amp plug already at home. Currently we live full time in our 320MKS as we build our new home, every other month I turn the battery switch on or off. With it on and not plugged in you will have a couple of lights that will work if you lose power, and we have from storms, good for us as the lights are all LED and do not use much of the battery.

Enjoy your new toy, life can be easy in an rv if you know some of the tricks!

2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    2019 GD 320MKS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, the rv is stored where there are no electrical connections, and we do occasionally use one of the slides
    on power from the solar charging. We certainly don't do it all the time, but it's great for occasional use.
    (I only need to open one of our three to get to most things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jangle2 -- I had the same issue with my Reflection 303RLS. Simple fix is to install a true battery cut-off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Cut-off Switch - Coyote.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	37644 As mentioned by others, the key switch the manufacture installed does not stopped all the other parasitic loads. Since I installed this, I have left the trailer ideal for 9 months and the battery was still good. Happy camping!
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12