User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From personal experience, I prefer a 5th toyhauler rather than bumper pull for stability, easier tow, and the stepped floorplan get the bedroom and bath away from the garage.
    As for pricing, there are usually differences beyond the stepped frame like additional storage. I also liked that our 40' 5th didn't add 43' to the rig length! We saw our first toyhauler, a pull, when camping with friends who had just purchased it. When we looked at the 5th wheel version, we liked it way better. So far that's been the best trailer we've had.
    Last edited by mbergthold; 11-06-2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow trailer vs. Fifth Wheel - why the disparity in pricing?

I’m sorry to say, but you getting depressed at the cost of fifth wheels when they look the same as trailers, means that they really aren’t the same. You want something from that 5ver, that you can’t get from a trailer.

To repeat another reviewer, it’s the construction that makes the difference. The frame probably being the biggest difference . That frame gives that extra something that you wish was on a trailer.

Personally, I was almost sold on a trailer. Bought lots of gear for that option, then decided to go with a 5ver. Floor plan was the main reason I switched (I don’t have a toy hauler).

I’ve never been worried about weight distribution or sway with my rig. Decreasing driving stress is worth a lot in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Conguero; 11-06-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12