User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Puck system vs rail system

Hi,
    New to the forum! We have 2022 337rls and our tow vehicle is 2016 F250 4x4 super duty diesel with 7500lb air bags, leveling kit for front, Monroe reflex shocks, stabilizer shocks for steering, rear end has 1 1/8 stabilizer bar, 😬 according to my husband❤️. We have a TrailAire pin hitch. We currently have Pullrite 16000lb slider hitch on rail system. Does anyone know if their is a difference in ride between puck and rail systems? Thanks for your help. Trying to decide if we can eliminate some of the chucking if we go with a gooseneck/puck system.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. If you really want to eliminate the chucking you should look into the Reese Goosebox. I've towed with a traditional 5th wheel hitch and the Goosebox, I'd say its night and day difference. I doubt you will see much difference with going to the puck system from a rail setup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puck and Rail is just how they attach to the truck.

If your truck didn't come from the factory with the puck, it's not going to be easy to add. And if it came with the puck, no reason to put rails in it. Puck is better.
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like cx500 said...the puck system is what newer trucks are incorporating into the box design. As stated it comes that way from factory and highly unlikely you can add it afterwards. Having said that, my current 2016 truck has the rails, and my next truck will absolutely have the puck system. Rails in the bed of the truck for when you are not using your truck for pulling your trailer, is a pain in the butt. I often haul things in the bed of my truck and the rails causing a non flat bed is annoying. Your chucking is likely coming from play in between your pin box and the hitch. With our first fifth wheel we had a slider hitch and it caused us chucking issues. Hated that slider hitch, so got rid of it, and no more chucking problems. Slider hitches need a bit of play in order to slide, and often that's enough to give you issues.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. We are just a trying to figure out if it would be worth the expense of adding a under bed puck system or staying with rails and adding a gooseneck hitch. It’s all about comfort��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Like cx500 said...the puck system is what newer trucks are incorporating into the box design. As stated it comes that way from factory and highly unlikely you can add it afterwards. Having said that, my current 2016 truck has the rails, and my next truck will absolutely have the puck system. Rails in the bed of the truck for when you are not using your truck for pulling your trailer, is a pain in the butt. I often haul things in the bed of my truck and the rails causing a non flat bed is annoying. Your chucking is likely coming from play in between your pin box and the hitch. With our first fifth wheel we had a slider hitch and it caused us chucking issues. Hated that slider hitch, so got rid of it, and no more chucking problems. Slider hitches need a bit of play in order to slide, and often that's enough to give you issues.
    Lots of debating in our household whether to upgrade the hitch or not. I know my hubs would rather just get a new truck! Thanks for your input!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious? We have a SB and thought that was the reasoning behind a slider. If you do have a SB, then what hitch did you replace your slider with? Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 6 1/2 ft box, never needed the slider. With the 6 1/2 ft box and standard hitch I have never been in a position where I would have needed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 6 1/2 ft box, never needed the slider. With the 6 1/2 ft box and standard hitch I have never been in a position where I would have needed it.
    Thank you. If you don’t mind my asking, which hitch do you currently have in your 2016?
    Last edited by susanjp517; 10-31-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by susanjp517 View Post
    Thank you. If you don’t mind my asking, which hitch do you currently have in your 2016?
    Curt A16. Bought it when we decided to get rid of the slider hitch. Much easier to take out of the truck than the slider was, for those times when we need to use the truck for other things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast