User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievable,...and Thank you. I'll try this and see what happens. Mine is a different model but I'm sure the software is the same, or at least I hope so. Maybe that's why there's this little barely-discernable light next to the fuse for the Refer.

Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Sparing my time to write out the instructions
    , I instead found a video for you:

https://youtu.be/VtDVlY7vhyU

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not relevant but I have to say that our Norcold 1210t worked for a 6-month stretch in one place without issue. Never had to defrost. We had a new home built and were in our 337 since April, just moved into hose a week ago. We had 1 of the rear 2 fans go bad last year and after replacement and adding fans to the inside ( https://rvcoolingunit.com/ ) , no further issues. Fridge stayed at 35 and freezer at 0 to 5.
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee78015 View Post
    Unbelievable,...and Thank you. I'll try this and see what happens. Mine is a different model but I'm sure the software is the same, or at least I hope so. Maybe that's why there's this little barely-discernable light next to the fuse for the Refer.
    Were you able to get into diagnostic mode? Did the reset fix the problem?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem with our Norcold in our Solitude. Our first trip out the fridge never got below 50, freezer ran between 20-40. Unfortunately we were on the road and impossible to get tech to look at it. GD authorized for us to get small fridge to get us by until we got home. Now it is at the dealer and they claim there is nothing wrong with it. They get reading of 20 in freezer and 30-40 in fridge, we can’t believe it all of a sudden it is okay. Even these numbers are not acceptable. We think it is because it is cooler weather now and it’s working. We go to Arizona in couple months and are very nervous to be in heat with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim and Linda Bunce
    5/23/2021 Ordered 2022 310GK
    Currently have Augusta Flex 34RLS
    2015 Chevy 3500 Diesel 4x4 DW High Country

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe it or not, those El Cheapo interior refrigerator fans make a HUGE difference in the efficiency of your refrigerator.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, no luck. I went out yesterday and did the reset per the video geotex1 provided, put in 2 temp monitors, and turned it on. Then went back today. The freezer is 8degrees and the refrigerator is 48 degrees. This is with the Door Temp set to 6 and it was in the high 30's last night. In other news, GD is going to allow me to schedule a service tech to come out to diagnose the problem, so there is hope!

Thanks to everyone for all the comments.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, no luck. I went out yesterday and did the reset per the video geotex1 provided, put in 2 temp monitors, and turned it on. Then went back today. The freezer is 8degrees and the refrigerator is 48 degrees. This is with the Door Temp set to 6 and it was in the high 30's last night. In other news, GD is going to allow me to schedule a service tech to come out to diagnose the problem, so there is hope!

Thanks to everyone for all the comments.
    Actually, that's not bad if your fridge is empty. It takes 72 hours to stabilize a Norcold. Helps to get real temp by putting some gallons of water in otherwise the thermal swings will seem too much for one's liking.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re on the road in a 399TH. As in the title the Refer stopped cooling, it’s room temp with the doors shut overnight and it was in the 50’s overnight. The Freezer works fine. I defrosted it yesterday, checked the fuse, and the flapper is positioned properly. I set the indicator on the door to 7.

Now, there is a very Tiny red light next to the Refer fuse,…Note it is NOT the bright red light you see when a fuse is blown. I pulled the 15amp refer fuse and it looks fine. I can hear the motor in the unit running so it is getting power.

Any ideas before I call a mobile tech?

Thank you
    Be sure your thermistor/sensor is in the proper place. 2118 should be 2nd fin from right and 3/4 of the way up.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. Thought I would update you on the situation. We did everything an amateur could do to diagnose the problem. Called a mobile tech. It was one of the two heating elements. When he was looking into the unit a wire just Fell out of one of the elements. It had been arching and fried the plug. It was not a GD error. It was a defective heating element where the wire was not seated properly into the hard-plastic plug. Or so we think at this point. He replaced the elements and the Fridge is cooling as we speak. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be back to Abby Normal. 😀

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12