User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung Refrigerator

I am new to the Grand Design family. I purchased a Grand Design Solitude and picked up from the dealer on 10/26/21. When I arrived at my campsite later that day, the refrigerator was not working. I have the Samsung french door refrigerator. The fridge never cooled down. The temperature never came down. I am waiting for a technician finally but I was given the runaround at first. However, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems with their refrigerator. With this problem aside, I am so loving my Solitude and the sliding tray is so ingenious. I love it! I would welcome any feedback. Thank you.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to Appliances.

We have had zero issues with our Samsung residential refrigerator once we installed the proper device to keep the doors closed. Are you saying that the fridge is getting power (lights and controls on) but not cooling? There's also a "Demo" mode where everything lights up but the compressor don't run. You can read in the manual how to check that. If it's in the "Demo" mode, that would be a quick and easy fix!

I see this is your first post - welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the interior refrigerator light on? Is the panel for setting the temps operational?

If no - check your circuit breakers, especially the inverter breaker. And check that the inverter is working.

If yes - sounds like a fail refrigeration unit.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magic1096 View Post
    I am new to the Grand Design family. I purchased a Grand Design Solitude and picked up from the dealer on 10/26/21. When I arrived at my campsite later that day, the refrigerator was not working. I have the Samsung french door refrigerator. The fridge never cooled down. The temperature never came down. I am waiting for a technician finally but I was given the runaround at first. However, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any problems with their refrigerator. With this problem aside, I am so loving my Solitude and the sliding tray is so ingenious. I love it! I would welcome any feedback. Thank you.
    What was the temp of the refer when you left the dealer? I am assuming the dealer had it hooked up to a 50 amp plug. If the battery disconnect is "off" you likely were not pulling any power during your trip. Check your pass through to ensure the battery disconnect is "on"
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your feedback. The lights and controls are on but not cooling. The Temps were 75 and 77 when I left dealership. I checked for demo mode. The dealership should have checked before delivery but anyway they're sending a technician out. I think it needs to be replaced unfortunately. But thank you and I appreciate it. This forum is such a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue. We arrived at our campsite in Florida on November 1 and the Samsung refigerator lights came on but it never cooled down. I called Samsung customer service and they created a service ticket that took until November 9 for a technican to come out to diagnosis the problem. The technican infomed me that the sealed sytstem component was not working and the service ticket would have to be assigned to a different service company that was qualified to do that type of work. The ticket was assigned to another company and I received a call from that company today and was informed that they do not provide service in the area that I am camped in. I am waiting again for them to reassigned to another company that is qualified and does work in the area. Love the Solitude, but the experience with Samsung has been horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealership finally helped and received authorization from Grand Design, after the technician informed that it was a bad compressor and fan, to pull a fridge from one of their other units and swap out with mine. So the technicians came out and did just that. Now I have a great fridge which I love but this never should have happened.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samsung customer service is about the worst. Unfortunately ours has the same symptoms of shutting off whenever it wants to. Reset it by turning the breaker off for 5+ minutes. Ours does not run on the inverter as well. Samsung will possibly be here in another week. Guess I am venting...sorry.
    I will post the outcome if Samsung ever fixes it.
    If You are Lucky ... You are Lucky Enough

Bob & Jayne
    Ninety Six, SC & Ft. Myers, FL
    2022 Solitude 390 GK R
    2020 RAM 3500 SRD 4x4 Limited
    6.7l H/O & Aisin trans

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magic1096 View Post
    Sounds like it's still in showroom mode, which is common. Nothing wrong with it, but it's set for the RV lot where the lights come on but no one is home.
    You need to press 2 different buttons together to change the mode.
    Off the top of my head I don't recall, but find the fridge manual and find the button page and see the section for "Showroom mode". I think it's the inner and outer two buttons on the left side of buttons (I think there are 2 groups of 3 buttons, maybe?). Been a few months with the rig in storage so I can't remember exactly. If you send me a picture, I can tell you which two buttons you need to depress.

Welcome to the forum and GD family!

-Colin
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, here it is. I knew I had answered this same question a while back, here's the button combo:

Press the Power Freeze and the Freezer buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds until you hear a beep. Check fridge in a few minutes, you should hear the compressor kick in and it'll start cooling. It's fast, gets to temp in only a few hours.

Side note: if you're going to use the ice maker, there's a button on that panel to turn on where it'll show "ice" on the panel, but you also need to check the water bay and manually turn the valve to "on" position.
    Last edited by JM0397; 01-04-2022 at 06:08 AM.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R