User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2400BH and you definitely DON’T want the ReCurve. We had a Husky Centerline up until this Spring and it is a very good hitch. Noisy at times but the biggest reason we switched to an Anderson is I had back surgery over the winter and lifting the Husky hitch head wasn’t working for me anymore. The entire Anderson hitch weighs less than the Husky head.

We love the Anderson but if we had the funds I’d buy a ProPride.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo999 View Post
    Thanks everyone it's good to know that I don't have to stick with what they offer.
    I shall watch a few youtube videos on how to install a ProPride and see if it feels do-able to me in the parking lot.
    I can then hopefully get the trailer safely to an independent technician who can check my handy-work.
    It can be done but will take a while. Count on at least 3 hours - if not more. I'd tow home (slowly) without W/D if not too far. As mentioned, a mobile tech meeting at a large parking lot is another option. I don't think the time will be cut down significantly unless the mobile tech has a lot of prior experience.

There is a YouTube channel called Wandering Weekends who recently completed a WDH comparison. Not very scientific, but I'd certainly watch the videos before making a final decision. They tow a 2800BH with an F250.

We upgraded to ProPride from an Andersen. The Andersen worked great for our prior camper that was quite a bit lighter. It did not work as well distributing weight and controlling movement for the 2400BH and an F150 (getting pretty close to top of the range). The ProPride is everything it says it is, but you have to be willing to pay the price.

Welcome and enjoy...
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the ProPride on our Imagine 2800BH in the dealer parking lot. Plus it's nice to know first-hand how everything goes together and works. It took me three hours, but I took my time and checked everything twice (except for the part where I installed the yoke frame upside down - oops).

If you decide on the ProPride, sande005 gave lots of good advice. In particular, just remove the propane tanks and tray and put them in your tow vehicle; you can take your time reinstalling them at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I whole heartedly agree with earlier posts... go get a 2-5/8 ball on a post that fits your hitch receiver. Drop the new trailer 'on the ball' and sneak it home. Remember, this will be the lightest the trailer will ever be.

Once home, spend the afternoon installing the 3P, knowing that if it doesn't go as fast as you thought, you can pick up where you left off tomorrow. (or pay somebody to meet you at home)

I've towed my Transcend 261bh 'on the ball' and at speeds below 55mph it's fine, BUT(!) I can't back into my driveway without scraping the hitch until i set up the WDH.
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    We have the 2400BH and you definitely DON’T want the ReCurve. We had a Husky Centerline up until this Spring and it is a very good hitch. Noisy at times but the biggest reason we switched to an Anderson is I had back surgery over the winter and lifting the Husky hitch head wasn’t working for me anymore. The entire Anderson hitch weighs less than the Husky head.

We love the Anderson but if we had the funds I’d buy a ProPride.

Bob
    I have a 2500RB and use a Fastway E2 WDH. It is noisy if the bar gets wet, but have had the trailer for one year and have towed to Key West, the Grand Canyon, Santa Fe, Zion, Bryce, Roswell NM, across the Great Divide from Utah to Colorado and through and around the Great Smokey Mountains. Sea level to 11,000 ft. I highly recommend the E2 hitch.
    BigSam
    2021 Imagine 2500 RL
    2020 F150 SuperCab FX4 6.5 Bed 5.0L Engine
    Carry Cap 2066# Tow Cap 9100# Truck 7050# GWVR

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike others here I have and have used the E3 with no problems. I also agree that you should just get what you want. While I haven't had any real problems with the E3, I feel like it is just a mid grade hitch with adequate weight distribution, and adequate sway control. Fair function for the price, but nothing special.

There are a lot of hitches on the market. The E3 cons for me: Specific location bolts on the torsion arms unlike a equalizer. This can make hookup more fussy. The allen bolt sway control adjust that is hard to reset to the same place. Counting turns and magic marker gets old. Plus the sway controll has no indication of it's adjustment. Drive and test is all you get. Lots of head tilt to get to the rated distribution for the bars. Play in the sway mechanism.

Pros: Cheap. The parts are high up and never scrape. Reasonably quiet. Not as heavy as some. Backs up well, even on steep transitions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo999 View Post
    Hi,

I've ordered an Imagine 2400BH from Camping World. The dealer will charge me about $500 to fit an Eaz-Lift ReCurve R3 weight distributing hitch.

I thought I might first do some research on WDH and buy something that I wanted, rather than having to take the dealer hitch. For example I was considering ProPride. However the dealer said their tech won't fit anything else and they will set up the Eaz-Lift as part of my collection. Is this typical? If I buy a new hitch do I then have to try and sell the Eaz-Lift?

I am new to trailering and I don't feel competent enough to fit my own hitch when I pickup the trailer. There will be too much I need to check and worry about without that. So this is an easy option to have the dealer fit the hitch and check it's all working ok with my towing vehicle.

What do you do when you buy a new trailer from a dealer?

Thanks
    If you have no experience putting on a trailer hitch, you cam probably do a better job with your eyes closed than you will get at CW.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not see that you specified what tow vehicle that you are using. If you are using a 1/2 ton truck without a weight distribution hitch to get vehicle home you will need to be much more cautious with speed and stability. If the trailer sways apply just the trailer brake and not the truck's to get trailer stable again.

If you are towing a 2400BH with a half ton truck a higher stability WDH like ProPride will add some benefit. If you are using a 3/4 or one ton truck then you will have very good performance from a number of quality hitches that are lighter and less expensive. Of course ProPride would be excellent also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through the same exact situation. Rather than the dealer being Camping World, it was Campers Inn. What many have failed to mention here is that most dealerships will require that you have a weight distribution hitch installed to pull a trailer longer than 24 feet off of the lot.

I purchased a propride hitch before delivery of my 2800BH, and I priced out professional delivery companies to bring the trailer to my storage lot for hitch installation. Upon pricing out that option, it turned out to be cheaper to have the dealer install the R3 hitch, pull the trailer to my storage lot, remove the R3 hitch, and install the propride. I listed the barely used R3 hitch for $100 less than I paid for it, and it sold quickly.

PS: the R3 hitch was TERRIBLE!
    Last edited by JDPEagle; 11-06-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a ProPride 1400# hitch and love it. It was tough to swallow the price initially, but I didn’t want to “experiment” with other hitches and end up wasting money, so I bit the bullet. I’m not disappointed. ProPride has a FB group that has a lot of good information and testimonials. Their customer service is over the top. Their are YouTube videos as well as a great instruction manual from ProPride on installation. Call ProPride! Good luck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast