Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo999 View Post
    Hi,

I've ordered an Imagine 2400BH from Camping World. The dealer will charge me about $500 to fit an Eaz-Lift ReCurve R3 weight distributing hitch.

I thought I might first do some research on WDH and buy something that I wanted, rather than having to take the dealer hitch. For example I was considering ProPride. However the dealer said their tech won't fit anything else and they will set up the Eaz-Lift as part of my collection. Is this typical? If I buy a new hitch do I then have to try and sell the Eaz-Lift?

I am new to trailering and I don't feel competent enough to fit my own hitch when I pickup the trailer. There will be too much I need to check and worry about without that. So this is an easy option to have the dealer fit the hitch and check it's all working ok with my towing vehicle.

What do you do when you buy a new trailer from a dealer?

Thanks
    I haven't read through all of the posts yet but if I were in your position I would either look for someone you knew or hire a transporter to take it to your house and get someone to help you set it there. I use camping world to get things now and then but would never depend on them as far as trailers or service goes. Good luck all the same.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about installing the P3 hitch but can’t you get someone like these guys: http://www.hitchwarehouse.com/store/ to install it either at their shop or your place? As mentioned all you need is a drawbar w/ 2 5/16” ball on your tv to pick up the trailer. If CW says you need a proper WDH to pick up the trailer tell them to pound sand, you bought and paid for it and can haul it any way you wish.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    I haven't read through all of the posts yet but if I were in your position I would either look for someone you knew or hire a transporter to take it to your house and get someone to help you set it there. I use camping world to get things now and then but would never depend on them as far as trailers or service goes. Good luck all the same.
    This is what I was going to suggest.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not tow that TT without a WDH unless you have a 3/4 ton or bigger truck. According to GD's specs the UVW is 5725 lbs and the tongue weight is 505 lbs. Thats about 8.8%. Way way low. It will be swaying badly if you get in the wrong situation.
    If the propane tanks are full and a battery is added then you'll be right near the 10% minimum TW.
    You'll also need a big torque wrench for some of the bolts.
    Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way I'm towing without a WDH! The max tongue weight indicated by my TV manufacturer for towing without a WDH would probably be over the limit, even with an empty trailer. So that's not something I'm personally comfortable with. But YMMV...

I have found a technician on the ProPride website who is close to the RV store. So I'll try and get him to come out the store and we'll fit it there.
    Thanks all!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo999 View Post
    There is no way I'm towing without a WDH! The max tongue weight indicated by my TV manufacturer for towing without a WDH would probably be over the limit, even with an empty trailer. So that's not something I'm personally comfortable with. But YMMV...

I have found a technician on the ProPride website who is close to the RV store. So I'll try and get him to come out the store and we'll fit it there.
    Thanks all!
    Another option is renting a higher capacity tv for the day or asking/hiring someone to tow to a place where a wdh of your choice can be installed and setup properly.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought a total of 2 campers from a very reputable, knowledgeable dealer who I trust. Both times, they set up the hitch per the manufacturer's instructions and the empty, dry camper pulled perfectly on the way home. When we put all our "stuff" in the camper, it was a different story as I had headlights pointing at the moon and I adjusted the hitch to the loaded camper.
    All that to say, when a dealer sets up your hitch on a new trailer, don't expect those settings to be correct after you load the camper.
    My dealer showed me the hitches he carried and I selected the Equalizer 4 point. (10k for the first camper and 14K for the current camper) I have been very pleased with the performance of both hitches, especially after I discovered the nylon pads for the brackets, so much quieter now.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234