Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discoloration in dark areas

We purchased a 2021 trailer, and noticed it has some discoloration in the darker areas which seem to be some kind of tape or decal application. Owners manual warns not to wax it or use buffer on it. It has instructions for painted surface but not for this other surface of which there is an abundance on the trailer. Any advice or clues?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell us which model of RV you have? The outside surfaces and finishes vary by line and options (painted aluminum, several kinds of gel coat, full body paint, etc.). Can you include some photos? It sounds like you're talking about decals. Depending on what part of the country you're in, they can go south (pun intended) rather quickly in the sun.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum! You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an 2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE. I don't know if it is decal or what but it the swirly dark graphics on the side of the trailer. You don't notice it when it is in the shade but in direct sunlight at an angle. See pictureClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2143.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	37538Click image for larger version. 

ID:	37538

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garmanmd View Post
    We have an 2021 Imagine XLS 17 MKE. I don't know if it is decal or what but it the swirly dark graphics on the side of the trailer. You don't notice it when it is in the shade but in direct sunlight at an angle. See pictureClick image for larger version. 

ID:	37538Click image for larger version. 

ID:	37538
    Yes decal. I had something similar after I had the trailer washed. It was soap residue on mine. Use distilled water on a soft cloth and see if it will come off. Do it in the shade.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had washed it in the shade with a Thetford wash and wax product, and it seemed to make no difference.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assume it’s a preowned unit? If so, looks to me like someone tried to remove some sun fade on the decals and left cleaner residue, then waxed over it (ie, the horizontal marks) effectively sealing it in. Don’t know of a fix that wouldn’t damage the decals further. You can purchase replacement decals.