User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Far, So Awesome

We are on the tail end of our six-week Fall 2021 trip (we’re doing two trips like this each year - fall & winter). We mooch docked in La Belle, MO, spent time in Lake of the Ozarks, found a wonderful CG in Vineta OK (and a fabulous dinner at a restaurant named Avocado), spent time visiting with my youngest brother north of Dallas, and hung out in San Antonio for a week. We are now in the the final of two weeks in Port Aransas. I will list each of the CG’s below along with an academic rating.

I could go on and on about each leg of our journey. But suffice it to say that so far this has been another wonderful experience. The people we met are awesome, the people who worked at the CG’s have been exceptional, and the things we have been able to see and do are once-in-a-lifetime events.

There are two points I would like to make. First, much of this experience I have several of you to thank. Earlier this year several of you chimed in to a post I had about how to get better at backing in my 5’er. That education was invaluable to this trip. We are not perfect yet, but we are much better thanks to you. Second, during our stay in SA, we took a day trip into the hill country of TX. I know some of you who helped me on the above point live in that area. All we can say is we think you live in heaven. Last, I see many posts from the community about getting ready to travel more. All I can say to you is, “Hurry up!”

CG’s & Ratings:

Coconuts RV Resort - Gravios Mills - (B-) Just opened, high-end amenities, needs more landscaping, has potential but not sure there is enough to do in that area of MO.

Waters Edge RV Resort- Vinita OK - (B+) They are on the banks of a large man-made lake, each site has a little patio on the edge of the water. Wonderful restaurant 2 miles away per above.

Shady Creek RV Park - Aubrey TX - (A-) North of Dallas, very roomy sites, easy to get in and out.

San Antonio Álamo KOA - SAN Antonio TX - (A) - Park is in great shape, CG hosts work their butts off maintaining the grounds, leading capers to their sites, etc.

Gulf Waters RV Resort - Port Aransas TX - (A+++) - Words cannot die thislocation justice. You will just need to come visit and experience in on your own.

Hope this post helps.

John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. Looked'em up to see what they looked like.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997