Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maiden Voyage with New Trailer

We just got back from 10 days camping with our new 2022 303RLS. Overall, we love the unit. We had nights that droped to mid thirties (F). and all we used was the fireplace to heat the rig overnight. We set the fireplace at 70 degrees and it was 68 inside the rig in ther morning. I find it is well insulated.

We did have a few issues that I'll be addressing as warranty - some are being expierenced by others on the Forum I see.

The Norcold fridge is not operating properly. We pre-cooled it to the coldest setting #9 and then warmed it up to #8........the freezer started to thaw food. We then set it back to #9 . After the second day the freezer warmed up to above freezing temperature, yet the fridge was cold. two days later, the freezer cooled down to 10 degrees F, but, the fridge fins developred frost and was below freezing temp.

The bathroom floor squeaks near the radius shower, when the doors are closed.

We're not fans of the hot water on demand. We camp in provincial parks that have hydro, so, I would much rather use an electric water heater as we've already paid for electricity. Why burn my propane......but we're stuck with it. In fairness, the unit worked fine, other than taking a lot of time to reach the faucets. I really don't know how much propane I used.

I was impressed with the way it was wired. We could run coffee maker, fireplace and microwave without tripping a breaker all on a 30A service.

As I said, overall we are very impressed with the unit.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, I thought all new trailers were poorly built junk!
    Good luck with your new trailer.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    Wait, I thought all new trailers were poorly built junk!
    Good luck with your new trailer.
    They are, these guys just don't know it yet! Just kidding. We've had a couple issues with our new unit but have had enough of them over the years to expect it. Overall we've been very happy with GD and plan to keep it for many years. Congrats Dave & Carol on your new rig!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OshawaDave View Post
    We just got back from 10 days camping with our new 2022 303RLS. Overall, we love the unit. We had nights that droped to mid thirties (F). and all we used was the fireplace to heat the rig overnight. We set the fireplace at 70 degrees and it was 68 inside the rig in ther morning. I find it is well insulated.

We did have a few issues that I'll be addressing as warranty - some are being expierenced by others on the Forum I see.

The Norcold fridge is not operating properly. We pre-cooled it to the coldest setting #9 and then warmed it up to #8........the freezer started to thaw food. We then set it back to #9 . After the second day the freezer warmed up to above freezing temperature, yet the fridge was cold. two days later, the freezer cooled down to 10 degrees F, but, the fridge fins developred frost and was below freezing temp.

We're not fans of the hot water on demand. We camp in provincial parks that have hydro, so, I would much rather use an electric water heater as we've already paid for electricity. Why burn my propane......but we're stuck with it. In fairness, the unit worked fine, other than taking a lot of time to reach the faucets. I really don't know how much propane I used.

I was impressed with the way it was wired. We could run coffee maker, fireplace and microwave without tripping a breaker all on a 30A service.

Dave & Carol,
    We have had our new 337RLS out several times and it to has the tankless water heater. We found the best way to conserve the water during the initial start is to only crack the hot water open enough to see the controller show the heater has started. with minimal water flow it absorbs the thermal BTU's much more efficiently and reduces the amount of water used. As for the amount of propane used we have been out on 4 different trips and have only burned 50% of the first tank. We use the Mopeka tank monitor system, as I too was concerned on the usage. We camped for 10 days in Colorado in early spring and used both the gas and electric heaters. Still very little propane consumed as I kept a close eye on it. We did find our Norcold refrigerator needed the doors closed a second time to ensure a good seal occurred. The top doors seemed to want to open back up slightly creating a leak path when the bottom door was closed. Once we did this we had no further issues. Sounds like your overall shakedown trip was a success.

Dutchman2

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave and Carol,
    Glad you had a good first trip out with your new outfit. We are also new 303 owners and had our first outing this week for two nights. All went very well for us. We are also new to the tankless water heater and going through the learning curves. Kitchen water on hot side was so slow that it took about 3min. to get hot water. I switched the hot and cold lines under the sink which made the hot much better but now cold is very slow.. Still working on that situation. Issue has to be in the fixture.
    Enjoy your new rig.
    Dennis
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2006 Crossroads Cruiser - retired
    2022 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DandS-303

It's definitely a defective mixing valve in your kitchen sink faucet. If there were individual shut off valves under the sink you could easily check it by turning off the cold water and see if your hot water comes out quicker. I had the same issue but on a residential kitchen faucet.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got back from 10 days camping with our new 2022 303RLS. Overall, we love the unit. We had nights that droped to mid thirties (F). and all we used was the fireplace to heat the rig overnight. We set the fireplace at 70 degrees and it was 68 inside the rig in ther morning. I find it is well insulated......
    When we camp during cold nights, we use our fireplace too. We also bring along a small electric space heater that we place by the hutch near the middle of the camper. Between the 2, we usually get hot (cause the heat travels up to the bedroom in our 5er) asnd shut or turn down the fireplace or space heater. Either way, we never use our propane for heating while parked at a full hookup site. Hope you continue to enjoy your GD!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    When we camp during cold nights, we use our fireplace too. We also bring along a small electric space heater that we place by the hutch near the middle of the camper. Between the 2, we usually get hot (cause the heat travels up to the bedroom in our 5er) asnd shut or turn down the fireplace or space heater. Either way, we never use our propane for heating while parked at a full hookup site. Hope you continue to enjoy your GD!

DITTO!.... if I'm paying the premium for 50amp electric I use it for EVERYTHING. Water heater is set on electric, I cook breakfast outdoors on a Sunbeam electric griddle, we often use the crockpot, also use a large George Foreman grill for burgers, dogs, chicken, etc... I rarely run the propane furnace unless I'm boondocking or if temps are going to be in the 30's and for the refrigerator while driving. Small ceramic disk heaters are the best!
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    DITTO!.... if I'm paying the premium for 50amp electric I use it for EVERYTHING. Water heater is set on electric, I cook breakfast outdoors on a Sunbeam electric griddle, we often use the crockpot, also use a large George Foreman grill for burgers, dogs, chicken, etc... I rarely run the propane furnace unless I'm boondocking or if temps are going to be in the 30's and for the refrigerator while driving. Small ceramic disk heaters are the best!

To boot.. we haven't filled either of our 30# propane tanks in 2 years! Gotta change out the Mopeka tank monitoring batteries more often than the propane.... still got almost 2 full tanks.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear your enjoying it.

We had a first generation “ THANKLESS” hot water system in are SOB ( some other brand) Hated it. It was from Gerard. The trailer manufacturer replaced it no charge to me with a tank type.

We thought we had squeaky bathroom floors in our 303. It was the shower doors moving and rattling. We just close them and secure them together for travel. Noise gone.

We normally run the fridge on propane irrespective if will have electricity. Seems to work better.

If we are not on metered electricity we use the fireplace and a small electric space heater for heat. Also use an electrical induction cook top plate. It reduces the use of the propane stove and keeps the trailer cooler by not using propane. You need pots and pans for induction cooking.

As a RV warranty rep told me” A trailer is a trailer is a trailer”.

As for trailer quality it’s like buying the “Best house in a crappy neighbourhood”

Take care

Coops
    2021 Reflection 303 RLS
    2012 Ram 3500 Cummins short box Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    Kamloops BC 🍁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast