User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another GD Price Increase

A couple of dealers told me that GD has announced a 10% increase on all models.

I think I'll put off this purchase for a few years. Hopefully, things will settle out by then.

Anyone that purchases at these inflated prices better get gap insurance.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's a good one, what is that 5 or 6 increases this year? Definitely not the time to be buying an RV unless you dont have a few years to wait.....hopefully things get better at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Wow, that's a good one, what is that 5 or 6 increases this year?

They are pricing their selves up there with the premium brands. I can get a year or two old LUXE or New Horizons for the money they are charging. For not much more than their selling price, I can get a new DRV. I don't know about you, but for just a bit more, I'll go DRV.

Many dealers are gouging as well. 30% off was standard for many years. Now some want to sell you an RV for near MSRP. In the stock market, there is a rule. Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered. Manufacturers and dealers are being pigs.

Placing an order does not protect you from the increase..... Pigs.

BTW: I did a factory tour the other day. They need to put QC people at each station. Whoever they got stapling the left side of the roof trusses needs to be retrained (or let go)... I assume there are two people, on one side, every staple hit what they were stapling into. On the other side, most staples had one whole leg sticking out. Seeing that did not instill confidence. Another assumption is that they are on a clock and rushing.

BTW2: On a positive note, they are using the money to build 2 new factories.
    Last edited by BrokeDown; 11-03-2021 at 02:05 AM.
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    A couple of dealers told me that GD has announced a 10% increase on all models.

I think I'll put off this purchase for a few years. Hopefully, things will settle out by then.

Anyone that purchases at these inflated prices better get gap insurance.

-B
    Yep, just announced yesterday. Actually, the email says.... "will most likely will be upwards of 10% (of “standard run” which is the base price + normal options), depending on brand. "

And was pre-warned about another one for January...... "I hate to say it but I would also keep a eye towards January for another increase."
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I'll put off this purchase for a few years. Hopefully, things will settle out by then. ...

-B
    The usual way it works is that rapidly increasing prices may slow down in the future, but one never sees a decrease. The exception being the recession a few years ago, when a series of factory incentives were offered and dealers cut their margins. So the only usual way to "win" is in the hope your income increases more in a few years than the prices increase. Or the economy tanks, but your income is unaffected by it....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are pricing their selves up there with the premium brands. I can get a year or two old LUXE or New Horizons for the money they are charging. For not much more than their selling price, I can get a new DRV. I don't know about you, but for just a bit more, I'll go DRV.

Many dealers are gouging as well. 30% off was standard for many years. Now some want to sell you an RV for near MSRP. In the stock market, there is a rule. Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered. Manufacturers and dealers are being pigs.

Placing an order does not protect you from the increase..... Pigs.

BTW: I did a factory tour the other day. They need to put QC people at each station. Whoever they got stapling the left side of the roof trusses needs to be retrained (or let go)... I assume there are two people, on one side, every staple hit what they were stapling into. On the other side, most staples had one whole leg sticking out. Seeing that did not instill confidence. Another assumption is that they are on a clock and rushing.

BTW2: On a positive note, they are using the money to build 2 new factories.
    This is not exclusive to GD...it's industry wide. I'm sure the brands you mention are also increasing their prices. It's supply and demand, and they are all looking to improve their bottom line and take advantage of this consumer desire to own RV's.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    This is not exclusive to GD...it's industry wide. I'm sure the brands you mention are also increasing their prices. It's supply and demand, and they are all looking to improve their bottom line and take advantage of this consumer desire to own RV's.
    Agreed. I am glad that a new RV is a "nice to have", not a must have. It is looking like we will either find a good used RV at the right price or hold off until the RV boom is over. At that point, there will be a ton of used RVs flooding the market. And if that never happens, we will just keep doing what we are doing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only my salary would increase at the same rate.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think once the smoke clears in a few years the rv industry will be hit hard and bad times to come.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    I think once the smoke clears in a few years the rv industry will be hit hard and bad times to come.
    Mark
    You are correct. I have been in the lumber business for 40 years. I have seen it move many times. It's coming.-- In all sectors.
    2020 Ford F350, 4:10, 2019 376TH, 2017 Harley Ultra Limited Low

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast