User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Now, it's impossible to get a new or good used truck that is not Covid inflated price wise. But it does suck

Oldcow
    If you still want a F450, you can get one at 2% under INVOICE. Most want MSRP or more. The dealer is in Iowa.

My dealer in FL matched his price

I'll likely still buy the RV, but will be happy when the manufacturer takes it up the you know what when it all crashes. I'll be sitting in my financially under water RV laughing my rear end off.

-B

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    From what I am being told (by multiple dealers), GD is passing the increase on to the dealer for units that are already on order. If I order today for $100,000 and they raise the price twice before my coach is built, let's say to $120,000. I will have to pay the $120,000.
    This is what we were told by every dealer except one who was not passing on any increase if we ordered prior to Sept 1st - at that time - they've changed policy now. We ordered 8/31 and the dealer that said our price would not increase. Coach is supposed to be completed by GD Nov 30th. Guess we'll see in next couple of months.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    This is what we were told by every dealer except one who was not passing on any increase if we ordered prior to Sept 1st - at that time - they've changed policy now. We ordered 8/31 and the dealer that said our price would not increase. Coach is supposed to be completed by GD Nov 30th. Guess we'll see in next couple of months.
    My dealer told me that they changed the rule on June 1st. Orders after that were subject to price increases. I guess a lot depends on how much profit the dealer baked into the deal.

Some dealer were guaranteeing the price but their price was a lot higher than my dealer after the increase.

Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    My dealer told me that they changed the rule on June 1st. Orders after that were subject to price increases. I guess a lot depends on how much profit the dealer baked into the deal.
    The ones that got me were $10K non-refundable deposit before they would place an order.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Just looked up MSRP on the 303RLS. Over 80 grand. We bought back in February for 48k including delivery and any other charges from the dealer. That was 22% below MSRP at the time. Buying today with the same discount, if we could even get it, we’d be paying almost 63k. I wouldn’t buy at that price.

But, a pound of sirloin at Sam’s went from $6.50 to $9.98 in the last month. It’s all nuts.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    The ones that got me were $10K non-refundable deposit before they would place an order.
    Mine want $10K non refundable too. The exception is if they raise the price. I can live with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Wow! Just looked up MSRP on the 303RLS. Over 80 grand. We bought back in February for 48k including delivery and any other charges from the dealer. That was 22% below MSRP at the time. Buying today with the same discount, if we could even get it, we’d be paying almost 63k. I wouldn’t buy at that price.

But, a pound of sirloin at Sam’s went from $6.50 to $9.98 in the last month. It’s all nuts.
    Since dealers are reluctant to discount off Msrp, so based on you getting it at 48 February and at now the price being 80 with zero to little discount, you would pay 32000 more, that’s crazy for less than year
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    Since dealers are reluctant to discount off Msrp, so based on you getting it at 48 February and at now the price being 80 with zero to little discount, you would pay 32000 more, that’s crazy for less than year
    Mark
    It's not accurate to say dealers are offering zero to no discount...having just gone through the purchase process, I can tell you that dealers are still offering discounts off MSRP in very close proximity to what has been the norm, in around that 20% mark...granted you are paying more due to the numerous price increases manufacturers have passed on in the last year. If you are talking to a dealer offering little to no discount, it's time to walk and look for another dealer. Is inventory low...yes...are you going to have to shop more, and possibly go out of state...quite likely. But you don't need to be paying MSRP.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    It's not accurate to say dealers are offering zero to no discount...having just gone through the purchase process, I can tell you that dealers are still offering discounts off MSRP in very close proximity to what has been the norm, in around that 20% mark...granted you are paying more due to the numerous price increases manufacturers have passed on in the last year. If you are talking to a dealer offering little to no discount, it's time to walk and look for another dealer. Is inventory low...yes...are you going to have to shop more, and possibly go out of state...quite likely. But you don't need to be paying MSRP.
    Thanks, That's good to know, but at this point I'm not looking
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to put it out there to clear up any inaccuracies....cause you know how we all have fallen prey to...."Well I read on the internet that...." been there done that!
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast