User Tag List

Thread: Solitude 380 FL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 380 FL

Purchased new Solitude 380 Fl. Completely disappointed. Have had nothing but problems. Main bathroom taps did not work, major water leak. I had to replace the black tank and all of the insulation in because it was wet. We live in it in Southern BC Canada, very mild temperatures. Skirted with plywood and R7 insulation. I absolutely have no faith in this trailer. For a company that talks about quality and customer service we really got taken for a ride.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't talked to GD customer service yet give them a call. When did you purchase, what year is the trailer?

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If you haven't talked to GD customer service yet give them a call. When did you purchase, what year is the trailer?

The trailer is a 2020. I purchased it August 31, it was brand new. i purchased it in Medicine Hat

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you should still be under warranty if it was new, if you are not satisfied with your dealer call GD, they do authorize mobile techs for warranty work. It is frustrating with those issues for sure
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried Grand Design and the rep told me I would have to tow it to an authorized dealer which is 70 km away and They are booking into January..I have the extended warranty and mobile repair coverage . I finally found a service tech who will come out. But I hope I got it fixed , I changed the black valve myself. It is so disheartening, I did all the research and I truly believe that Grand Design let me down. We live in it full time as we moved from Alberta to BC to be close to our Daughter and Granddaughters after our son passed away in May. I jsu have no faith in the trailer

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrfinley58 View Post
    I tried Grand Design and the rep told me I would have to tow it to an authorized dealer which is 70 km away and They are booking into January..I have the extended warranty and mobile repair coverage . I finally found a service tech who will come out. But I hope I got it fixed , I changed the black valve myself. It is so disheartening, I did all the research and I truly believe that Grand Design let me down. We live in it full time as we moved from Alberta to BC to be close to our Daughter and Granddaughters after our son passed away in May. I jsu have no faith in the trailer
    GD often authorizes the use of mobile RV technicians. Have you asked them about that? They've done that for us on a number of occasions. Remember - you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 380FL purchased in May 2020 my wife lives in it about 9 months of the year in Lubbock, TX in a RV park in order to take care of her mother, I visit on weekends and holidays and she comes home to Midland, TX for a week or 2 every so often, have only had a couple of warranty issues, one of the water fittings on the water heater had defective threads and after we had the trailer set up and used about 2 months, we went home for a couple of weeks shutting the water off while we were gone and when my wife returned and turned the water on it sprung a leak, I ended up driving to lubbock to see what the problem was and taking the fitting out and going to the dealer the next day and they gave me the parts to repair it, the other problem we have experienced is that a few of the small switches in the control panel have come apart. We have only taken one 1000 mile trip in the year and a half that we have owned it and not only am I very pleased with how it pulls but I am very pleased with the quality of the trailer. I have always owned an RV of some kind since college, travel trailers, motor homes, and fifth wheels. This is the best built I have had. The conversations I have had with GD have been nothing but good experiences. Sorry that you have a problem but hopefully you are past the problems now.
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2020 F250 4dr
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited