User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USB Charging ports

Cannot find any info on the Amp output of the USB ports in this camper. I am getting messages when connecting some of my phones and pads that it will be a very slow charge since it has very low input. Assuming this is a standard limitation from the factory, my question is, can anything be done to up the Amp output to all the ports in the camper? Thx
    Retired Air Force Firefighter
    2005 F-350 Lariet SRW 6.0 Diesel
    2022 Imagine 3250BH
    2 4500 watt remote start Champion Inverter generators with Para-link for 50 Amp service

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Camper View Post
    Cannot find any info on the Amp output of the USB ports in this camper. I am getting messages when connecting some of my phones and pads that it will be a very slow charge since it has very low input. Assuming this is a standard limitation from the factory, my question is, can anything be done to up the Amp output to all the ports in the camper? Thx
    I replaced my factory USB ports with these. Each port is rated for 2.1amps

DAMAVO YM1236 Dual USB Car Charger Socket with Cap, Dual Port 12V/24V Quick Car Charger, for Cars, Bus, RV, Boat, Automotive Marine ATV Truck Golf Cart (Surface Mount Installation,Set of 2 Pieces https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K8QQJTT...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Camper View Post
    Under the end tables for the couch, I replaced the USB ports with standard 12v (cigarette style) outlets. I then bought a pair of Qualcom "Turbo" USB chargers that fit into the 12v port. This way, I can always upgrade the chargers to the latest charging technology by simply replacing the USB chargers.

I did not bother with the USB ports under the cabinet because we rarely use those USP ports.

PS: I also like Srobins solution.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK