User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrade Equalizer for Imagine 2670MK

My trailer is 600 miles away waiting for my front axle to be replaced under warranty.

I thought I may as well upgrade the equalizer while they were doing the work. I'm trying to order either an Equa-Flex [part #27968 ] or a Road Armor equalizer [part #2021015191 ].

I would like to know if anyone has installed either of these on a 2670MK? Do either fit an Imagine 2670MK?

I can't get to the trailer to measure the width of our equalizer.

Thanks,

Dave
    2022 Imagine 2670MK - ProPride - TV Ram 1500
    2018 Isata-3 24FW - Toad 2019 Wrangler 2.0 Turbo
    2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA - Toad 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    2011 Spree 323RLS, 2007 Zeppelin 281- TV Armada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t remember the dimension for the equalizer but I used Morryde CRE2-35 on mine. It’s a 35” wheelbase. Hope that helps.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, I have similar trailer and just went thru this upgrade myself. I bought the YELLOW EquaFlex and when I held it up into place, it looked too wide and tall. I feared it would lift the rig, some want more tire clearance; not me. I returned and went with CRE-3000 and it looks/works exactly like I hoped. No matter which you buy, the ride quality truly improves. NOTE: while you cannot increase your GVWR for trailer, you might consider upgrading to larger axles. Are your springs kinda flat ? Not a bad idea to consider all this if you are pulling an axle already.

Quote Originally Posted by caswelld View Post
    My trailer is 600 miles away waiting for my front axle to be replaced under warranty.

I thought I may as well upgrade the equalizer while they were doing the work. I'm trying to order either an Equa-Flex [part #27968 ] or a Road Armor equalizer [part #2021015191 ].

I would like to know if anyone has installed either of these on a 2670MK? Do either fit an Imagine 2670MK?

I can't get to the trailer to measure the width of our equalizer.

Thanks,

Dave
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    Dave, I have similar trailer and just went thru this upgrade myself. I bought the YELLOW EquaFlex and when I held it up into place, it looked too wide and tall. I feared it would lift the rig, some want more tire clearance; not me. I returned and went with CRE-3000 and it looks/works exactly like I hoped. No matter which you buy, the ride quality truly improves. NOTE: while you cannot increase your GVWR for trailer, you might consider upgrading to larger axles. Are your springs kinda flat ? Not a bad idea to consider all this if you are pulling an axle already.
    Don't mean to hijack this thread but do you have a brand or part number for leaf springs that would be an upgrade for this trailer? The passenger (kitchen side) springs are definitely flatter than the drivers side as can be noticed by not being able to get my X-chock wrench in under the slide wheel well panel on the passenger side. I am wanting to do leaf springs + wet bolt kit + CRE 3000 all at the same time...

Also, why would the axles need to be upgraded? I thought these where the 4400# 6-lug axles which should be plenty for the GVWR of the trailer not even counting the tongue weight right?

Thanks for your input!
    Tom and Jess
    2015 Silverado 2500 LTZ Quad Cab 4x4
    2018 Imagine 2670mk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My springs (2600lb) are HERE. On each spring there is a metal stamped # on an aluminum?? band; that is where I found mine. Each spring has same and they are close to impossible to read, but.... I have read others upgrade axle but if you are already at 4400 then these should be ok. If you remove springs from axle, the complete install job will be 30 minutes per side, max. That assumes you are already supported on stands. I found it easier to get both sides on stands so the axles are "floating". Also, I found a big difference in 4-ton vs 6-ton bottle jacks. The 6 was very easy pumping; the 4 required more effort. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTank View Post
    Don't mean to hijack this thread but do you have a brand or part number for leaf springs that would be an upgrade for this trailer? The passenger (kitchen side) springs are definitely flatter than the drivers side as can be noticed by not being able to get my X-chock wrench in under the slide wheel well panel on the passenger side. I am wanting to do leaf springs + wet bolt kit + CRE 3000 all at the same time...

Also, why would the axles need to be upgraded? I thought these where the 4400# 6-lug axles which should be plenty for the GVWR of the trailer not even counting the tongue weight right?

Thanks for your input!
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)