User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are your D-Rings secured to the floor?

Greetings All -

Out of curiosity, I removed a couple of the D-Rings in the garage of my 349M just to see how they were secured to the floor. To my surprise, I found that they were merely screwed into the plywood floor. Holy cow! I am no engineer, but I don't think this would provide the stated 2500 lbs. At least in my opinion.

Mine are a good 12 inches away from the frame, which in my opinion, is where they should be secured. Into the frame. Instead, mine are about 2 inches from the wall. Not even close to the frame.

A neighboring 388M in the park I am currently in checked for me, and sure enough, theirs is screwed right into the frame. Much more secure.

So my question is, where are yours located? Are they just screwed into the floor, or do they actually screw into the frame?

Thanks for checking and for your reply.

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by We R BOB; 11-04-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the ones on my 399 were screwed into the frame. I only know because half the screw heads broke off and I replaced them all with SS nuts, bolts and lock washers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told by the dealer that on the 320G, it is also just screwed into the floor. Not something that I am real happy about, been wondering if it is feasible to have some kind of plate under the floor and bolt into that.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 11-05-2021 at 07:39 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    397 has 1/8 thick steel plates where the tie downs aren't over the crossmembers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone for your replies.

After CX500T's comment, I took a much closer look and indeed, found that the tie-downs running along the side walls had the same 1/8" steel plate that he mentioned. However, the plates are only at the existing tie-down locations. Meaning they do not run the entire length of the garage (probably for weight considerations), and have just the sub-flooring in between.

Quote Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
    397 has 1/8 thick steel plates where the tie downs aren't over the cross members.
    So, I may replace the screws with bolts, nuts and washers, like FT4NOW did.

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    All of the ones on my 399 were screwed into the frame. I only know because half the screw heads broke off and I replaced them all with SS nuts, bolts and lock washers.
    Since I need to install 2 additional tie-downs ( a little further in from the walls), I will just go ahead and screw them into the frame. That way I know they are in something solid, without having to add additional plating.

Thanks again for ya'lls comments.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my 21G and can't believe a toyhauler at this price point and quality level has tie downs that look like a 10 year old put in. I normally dont post much but someone needs to fix this. Tell me how a couple small self tapping screws are going to hold 2500 lbs . I have owned a lot of race trailers and all the quality companies install tiedowns with backing plates and bolts . I understand you can not always go directly to the frame but when you cant factory should not go cheap in this area. I am in the process of remounting all the tie downs with 5000 lb tiedowns that are bolted to frame and or backing plates.