User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FlexArmor or Lippert/Alpha Systems Superflex

We recently had a large limb/tree trunk fall on our 337RLS. It left several small holes, one significant sized hole, and several stretched areas in the back of the rv (middle of membrane and on the edges). Initially, after some research, I felt that the FlexArmor made the most sense. We have an installer about 45 minutes from our home, can drop it off and pick it up after it is done. However, I decided to get a quote from our dealer to do the repair. This would mean a full replacement of the membrane as well as ALL of the OSB on the entire roof (something the FlexArmor folks don't require as they spray over the existing membrane that has not had damage).

For those that have FlexArmor, what has been your process to add new penetrations on your roof and are you satisfied with the outcome? Also, have you had any warranty claims on the roof, yet and how did that go?

For those that had a replacement done using the original roof product, do you regret your/the insurance company's decision?

I'm weighing the options and attempting to make the best decision for our use. Your input is valued! Thank you, in advance.
    Sarah & Michelle
    Ronan our Berner baby
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2013 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar situation, with a tree limb through the roof. Ours penetrated the a/c ducting and the ceiling, so there was more to repair than just the roof membrane. I looked at Flex Armor and RVArmor and ended up with an appointment at the factory. I was very pleased with the work that was done there. The insurance adjuster had Camping World as their primary contact for this type of repair, but I let him know that there was no way that Camping World would EVER touch my fifth-wheel.

If the repair had been limited to only the roof, I probably would have seriously considered one of the other options, with the same questions that you have voiced.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 Reflection was damaged by tree limb. Put a tear in roof. Had no issues at all with insurance paying for a new roof. Went with the Flexarmor roof. Drove 6 hours last January to PA. Stayed there 3 nights. 2 to 2 1/2 day job. I had a 2nd ac installed in bedroom before I went. If you install anything on roof after it is done you need to go back to them for respray on that area. Any Flexarmor shop. So I did it ahead of time. They remove everything from roof and they seal things up much better. All caulking is eliminated. No more roof maintenance. Lifetime leak guaranteed transferable. I'm very happy with their work. Double Dueces RV Roof did mine. You can see there work on their Facebook page. Mines the Reflection they did in January. Opens up your eyes on how very important it is to maintain your caulking constantly. They get campers in only a few years old with rotted roofs. A lot of water comes from corner caulking areas. You won't get signs of leaking until later out of warranty. Attachment 39524Attachment 39527Attachment 39525Attachment 39528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1643465677898.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	39530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1643465674166.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	39531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1643465670655.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	39532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1643465649045.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	39529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1643465637481.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	39533

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk