User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

349m pop up outlet not working

I have a 349m with a kitchen island that has a pop up outlet. Going around with a plug tester I seem to have no power to this pop up outlet. It has two outlets and two USB outlets. Nothing works.

I checked all outlets and everything else works fine. I reset the GFCI outlet and the GFI breaker, checked all fuses. I tried to trace the power cord from the pop up outlet but it just runs into the floor and have no idea where it's sourced to.

Any ideas?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
    I have a 349m with a kitchen island that has a pop up outlet. Going around with a plug tester I seem to have no power to this pop up outlet. It has two outlets and two USB outlets. Nothing works.

I checked all outlets and everything else works fine. I reset the GFCI outlet and the GFI breaker, checked all fuses. I tried to trace the power cord from the pop up outlet but it just runs into the floor and have no idea where it's sourced to.

Any ideas?
    I have a 345 with a pop up outlet in the desk top. The cord plugs into an outlet underneath the desk. Does your pop up have a cord that looks like a typical extension cord? If so it might be that the cord end is under the floor. There is no way that there is an electrical outlet there. Try gently pulling in the cord to see if it comes out of the floor. Before you do that look inside your island cabinets for an outlet. If there is an outlet there it’s probably the one the pop up outlet goes to. If the pop up outlet has the typical Romex-like cord then it is hard wired.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a flat black cord. I tugged on the cord going into the floor and there is resistance. My next move is to remove the outlet and test for power from the black cord going to it. But using a pen style tester (tests for current) there is no power in the black cord. Perhaps the sheathing isn't allowing for a good reading.... Hence removing the outlet to test the actual wires.

Could be a defective outlet tho. It's the only area I don't have power.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
    It's a flat black cord. I tugged on the cord going into the floor and there is resistance. My next move is to remove the outlet and test for power from the black cord going to it. But using a pen style tester (tests for current) there is no power in the black cord. Perhaps the sheathing isn't allowing for a good reading.... Hence removing the outlet to test the actual wires.

Could be a defective outlet tho. It's the only area I don't have power.
    If it’s any help my cord is round. Your pop up might be hard wired.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    If it’s any help my cord is round. Your pop up might be hard wired.
    I was able to figure it out with the forum help. From the pop up outlet there is a section of paneling in the cabinet. I removed that to see a regular outlet screwed into the floor of the cabinet. The pop up outlet cord plugs into this other outlet... However, it was never plugged in. It was still zip tied and wrapped in packing plastic. The idiots at the factory (or wherever) never plugged the darn thing in. Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great news